loud headphones for 10k?

rabjabber

Journeyman
hey guys, i recently saved up 10 k for a new pair of headphones. these, im mainly gonna use while studying so i need them to be LOUD. but they should also have some level of noise isolation. im currently thinking about audio technica ath-m50x. i currently have sennheiser hd429 but they are just not loud enough. so, suggestions welcome

PS:- i have slightly larger than average ears, i want them to fit around the ear. the hd429 is perfect in that aspect

- - - Updated - - -

guys anyone?
any suggestions?

OP
R

rabjabber

Journeyman
so i checked on snapdeal and im getting sennheiser hd 558 and audio technica ath m50x for almost the same price anyone knows which one is louder. i already have read that hd 558 are an overall better headphones

quad_core

CyberdyneSystems Model101
Both are different type of headphones. The HD558 are open back ones and M50x are closed . You will not have any sound isolation with HD558 . What would be your source ? Though the M50x wouldn't need an headphone amp , I would suggest one for HD558 to utilize their full potential .

OP
R

rabjabber

Journeyman
Both are different type of headphones. The HD558 are open back ones and M50x are closed . You will not have any sound isolation with HD558 . What would be your source ? Though the M50x wouldn't need an headphone amp , I would suggest one for HD558 to utilize their full potential .

Then m50x it is. But i 'm also wondering how does UE 6000 compare to the m50x.
I've looked around and found it is better BC of vfm. But since I'm willing to spend 10k what's the better pair of headphone

- - - Updated - - -

Can't we increase sound via headphone amp?
:noob:

im sorry maybe my first post was a bit misleading. i'm looking to upgrade everything in my headphones, one major point being the volume. i might just go with an amp later though

layzee

■■■■■■
The Audio Technica ATH-M50x, Sennheiser HD558 and the Grado SR80i are all good options. However, the choice solely depends on the type of sound signature you are looking for. The ATH-M50x is a good overall performer having a darker sound and being a closed-back design, isolation will be the best among the three. The HD558 is the most refined and neutral sounding (some find it to be bland) of the three but then these are hard to drive so an amp may be required depending on your source. The SR80i is the most aggressive sounding (some find it overly bright and even fatiguing) but the open-back design affects isolation heavily.

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
If you want loud get the JVC HA-MR77X Xtreme Xplosives Series Over-the-ear Headset - JVC : Flipkart.com immediately. With the remaining money buy the FiiO E11 K2 They are the loudest headphones with 57mm drivers this side of Sony MDR-Z7's 70mm but the Sonys get distorted and get all muddy and looses focus when driven loud.

You have never heard bass like that and it gets so loud without distortion that it will make your ears bleed. I have them.

- - - Updated - - -

ATH-m50x - Overhyped and overpriced and not really loud in the true sense of the word.Highs are its weakest link. Philips SHL3300 sounds close at Rs 2200.

Sennheiser HD558 - Too polite and smooth and laidback and completely lacks the attack and punch some songs require. Not at all loud.

Grado SR80 - Great Soundstage but bright!

Top Bottom