Lot of Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
Today i performed non destructive recovery(only OS is re-installed) on my system today. I cud not afford to format syystem coz i had very important data on my Windows Drive. After i restarted, i cud not install Alcohol 120%, the error said: Error 25002. aSome driver has invalid name or onflict with other file or service in system. Pls choose other driver names or make sure u have rebooted after removal of software usning same names.

Also i had made all my account files private, so now i m not able to access my files, coz my username was deleted but my files are still there, but i m not able to access them, pls help guyz. I already tried Clear Read Only Attributes(CROA) software, but it didnt help.

Also now wen i connect my MTNL triband router (D-LINK), it shows the same icon in the tray which is displayed wen we connect pen drive to the system with the option: "SAFELY REMOVE HARDWARE". It never showed up before.

I m using Winodws XP with SP2, with most of the recent updates, Avast 4 Pro Anti-virus and ZAP 6. Pls help guyz.

OP
S

shwetanshu

Cyborg Agent
20 views and no solutions. anyways i found them myself. Here are they:
1) For Alcohol 120%: go to c:\winodws\system32\drivers and delete vax347b and vax 347s. Now re-install.

2) User Account: Boot into safe mode, go to folder which u r not able to access. Right click on it and go to security tab. Click on advanced, then go to Owners or some thing like that. Click on a username and there are one or two options below, tick them. Click ok and ok. And u r done and u will be able to access the files.

Man it took me 8 restarts to figure that one out.

As for MTNL prob, it solved automatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom