Looking for Thermaltake,Antec PSU's

Status
Not open for further replies.

snake

Broken In
I planning to buy ATI X1800GTO for which I m looking for good 450w+ PSU I am mainly looking for Thermaltake couz they are cheaper than Antec.
Someone tell me the dealers or webistes from where I can get one.
Any hlp will be Appreicated.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I Think you will find it difficult to get Thermaltake.

Antec you can certainly buy online from sites like
theitdepot.com
deltapage.com
ebay.in

But the prices there will be little too much (+shipping) and you better try at your local stores.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
No matter what psu u buy .. make sure u check the rating ... and how many amps are supplied across 12V .... u should look for something with over 20A atleast ...

janitha

Wise Old Owl
deathvirus_me said:
No matter what psu u buy .. make sure u check the rating ... and how many amps are supplied across 12V .... u should look for something with over 20A atleast ...

You are definitely correct regarding the ampereage. But what is written on the PSU alone does not mean that it will be able to deliver it. Nowadays even very cheap ones have high ratings written on it and most of the dealers will recommend them. So what we can do is to rely on known brands even though it is not an international one and to avoid light weight ones.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Ya .... the heavier the psu is the better ... and its really best to carry a multimeter around to test the psu :p .. lol ... save some money and go for Antec or Coolermaster. ...

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
Antec SP450 should be ok

you may get a cooler master 430 for maybe arnd 2.8k

whatever you do stay away from computer empire at nehru place

btw the antec probably has dual rails, so consider sp450, maybe arnd 3.5k or so

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
they give good prices, but you will have problems in claiming warranty, they are theifs and give fake bills, only problems

ashfame

Padawan
can some when explain how to calculate how much amps. of current is supplied across 12V?
whats this thing??///

janitha

Wise Old Owl
ashfame said:
can some when explain how to calculate how much amps. of current is supplied across 12V?
whats this thing??///

It is not possible to calculate the Amperes from the wattage of the PSU because different rails, 12V, 5V, 3.3V etc will have different ratings. In short, you can only depend on the ratings printed on the PSU or the accompanying literature which can actually be relied upon only in case of reputed brands.

But suppose there is only one rail, say 12V and the wattage is 360, then the ampere rating should be 30 A.

janitha

Wise Old Owl
ashfame said:
It should be exactly 30A or <30A or >30A.

Theoretically 30A but the companies may rate it as peak, average etc.

(Like music system's power specified as PMPO (Peak Music Power) for which the companies use their own conventions and so no comparison is possible. But well known brands use RMS power which is scientific.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom