looking for Android phone with SUPERB build quality like N82

JanJan

Broken In
I'm looking to buy a phone with very very good build quality and Nokia phones has won me over with its build quality. I really like Nokia's phone build. But Symbian is a dying OS and I want something that's future proof.

So can you please suggest:

1. a budget Nokia candy bar phone with superb build quality? (like the E51 or e6700 slide?)

2. an Android phone (no budget) with superb build quality? (something with physical keyboard like the Motorola Charm may be?)

***something that has Android touch screen (Charm) and physical keyboard (e51) would fit me best :) (i kind of dont like the full keyboard on the Charm. Also is the Charm's screen shitty as people said it to be?)

what i dont like:
-iphone looking phone (galaxy ace)
-slide out full keyboard (g2)

Last edited:

Soumik

Padawan
Mention ur budget pal. :)
1. C7, N8, E7 (anodized aluminium bodies with gorilla glass displays)
2. Acer beTouch E130, Charm. These are the only phones without slideout keyboards, but with key boards. Androids dont have normal classic bar phone keyboard as its basically a touch OS. Kb is present only for typing ease, for which full querty is what u get.

OP
J

JanJan

Broken In
i guess no.2 is out of the question so i will focus on no.1. i will go with something cheap right now since android is in transforming phase with all the dual core coming out. i might as well grab the Desire when it becomes cheap. i will rephrase no.1

1. a budget and compact SYmbian Nokia (or any other brand) phone (sub $150) with good build quality (candy bar, slide etc.) and decent music.

The only Nokia phone i've seen are E71 and E51 and I really liked E51 for its build and compactness. Also how does the Nokia 6700 slide look? It looks nice and compact enough for me... :)

OP
J

JanJan

Broken In
how is the Nokia X3-02 vs Nokia C5 ? The think I like about the x3-02 is that it has wifi and both touch screen and keyboard just like the Charm. BOTh look stylish and compact enough for me... BUt i have read that the C5 allow multitasking while the X3-02 doesnt? WHat does that mean?

Last edited:

pauldmps

Banned
The X3-02 looks ugly to me. Also the 2.4" resistive touchscreen is extremely unusable.

The C5 has S60 OS while X3-02 has S40. Hence no multitasking on X3-02. Plus X3-02 is totally overpriced. I'm not gonna pay more than 5k for that crap.

OP
J

JanJan

Broken In
whaa thanks for the fast reply. is there any other older models that you would suggest that has good build? like the e51? how is e51 vs c5? or may be any models from other companies?

OP
J

JanJan

Broken In
how about c5 vs e52 (vs e55)? i know they are different price range but please let me know your opinion :) i have done some research and the only thing the e52, e55 win over c5 is wifi?

pauldmps

Banned
I have not much idea about the E52 & E55 only because they re very old & outdated. If you want wifi, get the E5.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Can you wait for this ?:

*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/03/11x03078n73bawdmsbn.jpg

Source: Samsung Galaxy Pro combines 2.8-inch touchscreen with a portrait QWERTY keyboard, modest specs -- Engadget

OP
J

JanJan

Broken In
ahhh i would take the c5 over e5 because of its compactness... how is the sony ericsson elm vs c5?

pauldmps

Banned
You want non-slideout qwerty & again, you want compactness. Those two things are incompatible.

As for SE Elm, it is not a smartphone.

GERMZ

Banned
Buddy Symbian is not going anywhere for the next two years atleast.. don't disregard the current Symbian phones as they are much improved over the previous gen S60v5 Hardware. With all the promised updates they are a very good investment and the hardware quality is unbeatable. Rest is your choice of course :)

pauldmps

Banned
^^ Where were you so many days when Nokia signed a deal with Microsoft ?
Symbian is dead & it is going to last for 6-8 months max.

pauldmps

Banned
Doubtful, after Stephen Elop's hinting of "cheap WP7 handsets" & recent sell-off of the Qt framework to a different company.

azzu

AJJU
I have not much idea about the E52 & E55 only because they re very old & outdated. If you want wifi, get the E5.

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:05 PM ----------

Can you wait for this ?:

*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/03/11x03078n73bawdmsbn.jpg

Source: Samsung Galaxy Pro combines 2.8-inch touchscreen with a portrait QWERTY keyboard, modest specs -- Engadget
offtopic :Just saw the Video of this ..
Dreaming of buying it :p

OP for ur 2nd option i wud just say to wait for galaxy pro

and 1st option go for nokia c5 . has an awesome build quality with good features

Top Bottom