looking for Android phone with SUPERB build quality like N82

OP
J

JanJan

Broken In
im actually torn between C5 and E52 now. Even though e52 is old, it offers everything the C5 does and have wifi plus it's heavier.

My only concern when looking at the Charm is the screen. And the galaxy pro looks like it's gonna have the same res? :| If it is then motorola charm would be a better choice when it becomes cheap?

pauldmps

Banned
Here is the spec sheet for the Galaxy Pro:

*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2011/03/11x030766nu73.jpg

OP
J

JanJan

Broken In
my friend says somethign about the s60v3 (c5, e52) cannot run .sis file? only s60v5 can run it? what do these sis program do?

OP
J

JanJan

Broken In
hmm how about the palm pixi plus? lol sorry if i annoy you because i only look at old hardware phones. i'm kinda into the touch and type phone right now that's why and the palm pixi plus has very responsive screen (but sacrifice build quality which i can let go).

my only problem is that is there a way to unlock to the phone from verizon to t mobile for free or really cheap?

pauldmps

Banned
Verizon is CDMA & T-mobile is GSM. So no phones from Verizon will work on T-Mobile. BTW, are you in the US ?

OP
J

JanJan

Broken In
yes i am. from hawaii to be exact. just had the tsunami evac lol

i know that palm pixi plus doesnt get webos 2.0 but 1.3 is decent enough for me. im just looking for an interim phone anyway.

i think at&t also carry the palm pixi plus and one guy on ebay selling his phone unlocked for tmobile. another guy is selling palm pixi plus unlocked for really cheap:

*New* Verizon Palm Pixi Plus Unlocked No contract - eBay (item 190511347024 end time Apr-10-11 13:59:39 PDT)

wonder if i should jump on this... the charm or palm pixi plus... :)

vishurocks

Journeyman
@janjan why u want such old phones e51, palm pixi these all are outdated. Want touch n type wait for galaxy pro. That's only good and justified option. Or for 10k nokia e5 qwerty. Want Simple bar phone c5 @ 7k. No other good options currently avl fulfilling ur requirements

pauldmps

Banned
^^ +1

It doesn't mean to buy such phones which the manufacturers have abandoned.

However, you might get a good deal with the Pixi - some $30 with contract I think. So if that satisfies your needs, go for it. And I don't think the Pixi would work with AT&T or T-Mobile because it is a CDMA handset. So go for it only if you intend to use it on Verizon (or Sprint, by unlocking).

OP
J

JanJan

Broken In
yea i know :) ive been looking furiously these day for the phone i like within the budget and sadly only those phone that i like. im currently growing interest on webOS and i think it's a new breeze to me (away from android). On youtube there are lots of videos on palm pixi+ and palm pre+ on ATT. Since they use sim card i assume that we can unlock it? Palm pre plus would be the more future proof device for me i guess

YouTube - palm pre plus at&t review

---------- Post added at 06:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:31 AM ----------

i just bought the palm pre plus for $200. please tell me i make the right choice :)

OP
J

JanJan

Broken In
it's unlocked to work with t mobile so i assume that it's at&t. there are many people here successful in unlocking palm pre plus so i think im safe (kinda). palm pre plus also able to run webos 2.0 :)

J

Joker

palm pre plus is actually a good phone & met ur requirements nicely.

Soumik

Padawan
If you're enjoying it.. its good. Thats all that matters :)
BTW... i thought u were looking for a phone with superb build quality. I dont think ur current phone has that. Only kb is good.
But anyways, tell us how ur liking the webOS?

OP
J

JanJan

Broken In
yea lol i know that the pre plus is not as well built as others. if i were to buy an android with good build quality it would be the zte blade of about the same price as the palm pre plus. i just want to try webos so the most viable option would probably be the pre plus (with budget in mind lol)

phone should come in anytime now :)

julieamary

Right off the assembly line
Get Nokia 6700 Slide Contract deals with worlds major network providers and get many incentive gifts such free talktime, free messages, LCD, XBOX and many more. Nokia 6700 Slide is one of the Nokia's best featured smartphone which is powered by Symbian OS and have S60 3.2 user interface. it has 5 megapixel carl-Zeiss lens dual LED flash digital camera by which you can easily capture high resolution of video clips or Images. it has 2.2-inches QVGA display which able to read in direct sunlight. Nokia 6700 Slide supports Tri-band 3G networks and gives up to 10Mbps speed on HSDPA and 2Mbps HSUPA networks. This smartphone comes with many multimedia like Bluetooth with A2DP, standard micro USB port, Radio with RDS and many more.

Top Bottom