Looking for a power rig [70-90k]

OP
N

neo240

Broken In
A minor update. I got the Maximus 5 Formula. And the bad news is that my laptop finally died. Anyway got a Eeepc which will hopefully last 2-3 weeks till I get the system assembled.

tkin

Back to school!!
@Cilus

Observation : First for me to see you suggesting intel i7 K series over FX8350, where multi core is a factor, even ocing may be. Any specific reason for this change?
FX8350 is good for a value rig, and unless OC'ed high, and on extremely multi theaded environment the intel offerings are significantly better, specially on pure performance basis i7 3770k has no competition from AMD, absolutely none, its highly recommended for rigs like these.

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
just a friendly advice..
dont call him cil'i'us

remove that i or else he will get mad for sure (100% guarenteed)

also @ cilus thanks for the info didnot know about this feature, so i guess it goes same for i5 3570k too...

Cilus

laborare est orare
Look. while suggesting, I always try to provide a balance among all the components, especially for the CPU + GPU + Motherboard combination. For higher performance in most of the things like Gaming, CPU intensive works, Multi-threaded workloads, overclocking, these 4 components are going to play the pivot role. So, for a gaming rig, I am not going to suggest a 20K processor by sacrificing the GPU or Motherboard. So normally with the sub 80K builds, FX-8350 + HD 7970 + 990FX Board is the ideal choice as the combo provide very good CPU performance, Gaming performance, feature rich and performance Motherboard, resulting good tweaking potential.

Here since OP has the budget to accommodate an i7 3770K, a very good quality Motherboard and a HD 7970 within his budget, there is no point of suggesting him a VFM processor like FX-8350.

@Cilus

Observation : First for me to see you suggesting intel i7 K series over FX8350, where multi core is a factor, even ocing may be. Any specific reason for this change?

It is not at all the 1st time. I hope you know about GamerAnand's 1500K configuration... I am the guy who made him opt for i7 3770K.

OP
N

neo240

Broken In
Purchased almost all the components.

Corsair H100i cooler -7500
i7 3770k 3.5ghz -19900
Gskill Ripjaws 2133mhz ram 8Gb (2x4) -4850
Nzxt Switch 810 -10600
Dell 22"IPS -8800
Corsaid HX750 -8950
APC 1KVA UPS -6600
1TB WD Black -5500
. (Graphics left till next week)
. ( Keyboard left...have a temporary one)
. (Mouse left.. same as above)

I think thats all. Will edit it later if I missed something. Changed apartments today so not really energetic. Just thought to update you guys. Thanks a lot for your help.

As for mouse I will probably get a G9x and a Decent gaming as well as working keyboard (still in decision). Graphics card is GTX 680 although Vedant did press me for buying the 7970s.

Nighty Night.

Last edited:

Myth

Cyborg Agent
Purchased almost all the components.

Corsair H100i cooler
i7 3770k 3.5ghz
Gskill Ripjaws 2133mhz ram 8Gb (2x4)
Nzxt Switch 810 (or swatch....cant really remember the name and too tired to go check it)
Dell 22"IPS
Corsaid HX750
APC 1KVA UPS
1TB WD Black
. (Graphics left till next week)
. ( Keyboard left...have a temporary one)
. (Mouse left.. same as above)

I think thats all. Will edit it later if I missed something. Changed apartments today so not really energetic. Just thought to update you guys. Thanks a lot for your help.

As for mouse I will probably get a G9x and a Decent gaming as well as working keyboard (still in decision). Graphics card is GTX 680 although Vedant did press me for buying the 7970s.

Nighty Night.

Congrats on the purchases.
Please post prices for the items. Thanks.

sam_738844

Wise Old Owl
Look. while suggesting, I always try to provide a balance among all the components, especially for the CPU + GPU + Motherboard combination. For higher performance in most of the things like Gaming, CPU intensive works, Multi-threaded workloads, overclocking, these 4 components are going to play the pivot role. So, for a gaming rig, I am not going to suggest a 20K processor by sacrificing the GPU or Motherboard. So normally with the sub 80K builds, FX-8350 + HD 7970 + 990FX Board is the ideal choice as the combo provide very good CPU performance, Gaming performance, feature rich and performance Motherboard, resulting good tweaking potential.

Here since OP has the budget to accommodate an i7 3770K, a very good quality Motherboard and a HD 7970 within his budget, there is no point of suggesting him a VFM processor like FX-8350.

It is not at all the 1st time. I hope you know about GamerAnand's 1500K configuration... I am the guy who made him opt for i7 3770K.

Of course... Point made and noted. Any info is welcome from Cilus the great :) Dint know about i7 3770K from this point of view. i5 3570K is a different story

OP
N

neo240

Broken In
Guys I have a question. Anyone know how to share a local cable internet connection? It seems I cannot do that from the Adsl modem router. Any advice will be appreciated. Also the cable is given with RJ45 and probably comes with MAC restrictions.

tkin

Back to school!!
Guys I have a question. Anyone know how to share a local cable internet connection? It seems I cannot do that from the Adsl modem router. Any advice will be appreciated. Also the cable is given with RJ45 and probably comes with MAC restrictions.
You need a normal router, not an ADSL router, these routers has ethernet port input.

OP
N

neo240

Broken In
Thanks lol. Purchase was easy... Fitting them and over clocking not so much. It's way too different from the local ones that I practiced with years ago. And biggest issue is it doesn't fit my computer table..... After a lot of searching I came to the conclusion the table of this size isn't available. Will let you guys know when I assemble it ( more like try to assemble it haha.)

Top Bottom