lol!! The exaggerating vendors!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
My Uncle and I had to return from Guwahati on the 27th of this month. He told that he had to buy a chain and a lock for tying the suitcase with the train chair to save it from being stolen while sleeping. When we reached the station, we saw a vendor selling them. He asked the vendor the price, the vendor told that the small tiny lock is of Rs. 55 and the chain is of Rs. 45 making a total of Rs. 100. :-D:lol: My Uncle immediately told that he will not give more than Rs. 20 for the duo.:shock: I loled:lol:!! The shopkeeper told that him to tell a normal price but my Uncle was not moving a bit from the price he told!! And at last after a lot of requesting the vendor agreed to give it in Rs. 20. I was shocked!!! I thought a lock and chain of Rs. 100 is lessened to Rs. 20. :lol:

Another one which took place some years ago,

Once a vendor came to my house to sell tulles. My father chose one and asked the price. The vendor told that it is of Rs. 1840:shock:(you won't believe but that's real). My father kept normal and told that to lessen the price. He told that he will give it for 100 rupees less. My Mom suddenly dropped the price to Rs. 250. :shock: . The vendor insisted on to give some more money but didn't have affect on my mom. At last he agreed. I was shocked at his decision. :shock: What a drop-down of about 1600!!:lol:

Wow, they were charging a whole lot more from the exact MRP!!:x

If you have come across such situations where vendors charge exaggeratedly please share!!:mrgreen:

OP
Disc_Junkie

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
The net with small pores we use for not letting mosquitoes to enter while we are sleeping!! I think you got it!!

SP Road Shop:

Gain the HDMI high power graphics advantage: Buy an XFX 8400GS with 1GB Memory.
Rs. 9000/- worth GPU now available in a limited period offer for Rs. 3500/- Hurry! Offer valid till stocks last.

OP
Disc_Junkie

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Haa Haa!! Main rote rahunga jabtak dukandaar mujhe ek choclate laake naa de!! :)

Wah!! Wah!! kya idea hai!! Tum log ne kitne bargain ki is tarike se!! :lol:

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
I seriously wish i had that art. Wouldnt it be wonderful to save a ton of hard earned cash.
However most of the time i refrain from making a joke of mine and my initial quote is always high.
I think the art of bargaining lies in opening with the right initial quote for the amount.
I would please request the best bargainers to share their valuable experiences here.

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Same here, i have seen a trend.....the people from our parents age or from 50-60 are damn good in bargaining while youngsters shy away from bargaining these days

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Those who grew up in tough conditions have it in them by default!! They feel the value of money in their blood!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom