Logitech Z-5500 speakers , Performance and price ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

p900

Broken In
Hi guys , I wish to buy a nice speaker system ,i came to know about the logitec Z-5500, Can someone tell me how is the perfromance of these speakers and what is the best price of these speakers ? Do we hav any other speakers in their comparisn also ?

goobimama

 Macboy
Have you read my light review of this speaker system in this forum? If you haven't, for what its worth, its a wonderful system. Just visit amazon.com search for the speaker system and read the reviews. All of them are true to every word (except the bad ones)

About the price I think you should be able to get them for 22k-23k though I bought them for 27k (still worth it). In comparison to that there is the Creative Megaworks 550 THX but the competition is quite far behind (IMO). There is also the Gigaworks S750 but its too expensive (the logitech takes its arse).

OP
P

p900

Broken In
i have read a few reviews, but i a little confused with its bass , i have read that the base sounds too boomy , if u have it then does it have low frequecy bass ? Is it overall worth to buy this system or wait for some new update ?

goobimama

 Macboy
Right now I would say go for it.

About the Boomy bass, yes it does have that kind of effect if the room acoustics are not set right. But that is the case with any high powered bass system. There is also the issue that you need considerable volume to get the bass to sound right IN CERTAIN SONGS. Its because its a 10 inch sub that it needs a certain amount of loudness to sound right. The rule of thumb, the louder the volume, the tighter the bass....

Their latest update seems to be the Z5450 which has the rear satellites as wireless. It seems quite underpowered as well as costly. I think this is a good buy. Go for it...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Its around 25k I suppose.The last time I had seen it was at Skoar's Expo and they were also offering discount on the systems at that time.The performance is extremely awesome IMO.The best thing is that it is somewhat modestly priced compared to the Gigaworks but provides almost par sound with the Gigawork.:wink:

goobimama

 Macboy
^ If you use the decoder with THX Coax/Optical cable while watching a DVD movie, it blows the competition that Gigaworks offers. I don't know how good the Gigaworks sounds with an external decoder from creative though (costs an additional 10k) but the decoder that logitech gives is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom