Locked my drives with Folder Lock! Please help....In great trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunilkb25

Right off the assembly line
Hi All,
I've locked my E: drive and some folders in C: drive using folder lock software. Now the Folder lock's UI is not appearing and instead a white window appears with no bottons(I'm using windows Vista Home Premium).I'm unable to access my E: drive and those locked folders of C: drive. Even if i go to cmd and try to access E:, it's saying E: is not accesible. I'm in great trouble guys. Please help me out and tell me if there is any way i can recover my data from E: and C: drives.

Regards
Sunil

Arnab boss

In the zone
U can restore it or if doesn't works then try to uninstall the software ...'

If then it not works then format the c drive and remember one thing never store any important data in c drive or in the os drive...'

scavanger007

On KillingSpree!!!
did u try reinstalling folder lock?
if not, then try it, so that the missing files will be placed and mayb ur gui will b back...
if not then bad luck :(

btw i m using folder lock since 4 years and never faced this problem, probably u downloaded from torrent which 90% times creates problems

OP
S

sunilkb25

No guys. I tried reinstalling it, but the installation is failing. Even it is not getting uninstalled, and giving error as the drives and folders are locked. Can any of u please suggest if i can go to cmd and unlock my locked folders. As i have specified before, I'm unable to go to my E: drive from cmd (I have locked the whole E: drive).

agm_1052001

Broken In
Use any file recovery software to recover the data . I remeber when Norton or some other AV had delete folder lock dll's and i couldnt open folder lock . I used Get back data software to recover the files. ..

hope this works for u too.

tejass

tHe rEacTioN iS hEaTinG
Hi All,
I've locked my E: drive and some folders in C: drive using folder lock software. Now the Folder lock's UI is not appearing and instead a white window appears with no bottons(I'm using windows Vista Home Premium).I'm unable to access my E: drive and those locked folders of C: drive. Even if i go to cmd and try to access E:, it's saying E: is not accesible. I'm in great trouble guys. Please help me out and tell me if there is any way i can recover my data from E: and C: drives.

Regards
Sunil

try startin in SafeMode..can be of great help!!

OP
S

sunilkb25

Hi All,

Thanks a lot to all of you guys, for suggesting so many ways. A big thanks to the digit software troubleshooting forum also.

Day before yesterday i was able to unlock all my drives and folders from the evil folder lock, by opening in safe mode. The folder lock UI appeared, and I was able to unlock all the locked items.

Regards
Sunil

khattam_

Fresh Stock Since 2005
Hi All,

Regards
Sunil

please post some details of the software you are referring to. A link to it will be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom