Lock folder without any programe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LEARNER_LEARNER

Fedora User
You can lock any folder without using any software. Follow these steps.

1. Suppose you have a folder named "LEARNER" in D:\LEARNER
2. In the same drive next to the folder create a new notepad file with the exact statement ren LEARNER LEARNER.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D}
3. Now save this text file as loc.bat or any other file with an extension ".bat"
4. Create another notepad file and type ren LEARNER.{21EC2020-3AEA-1069-A2DD-08002B30309D} LEARNER
5. Save this as key.bat or any other file with an extension ".bat"
6. Now there are two batch files. Double click loc.bat and your folder will change into Control Panel and its contents cannot be viewed
7. To open the folder double click key.bat and you get back your original folder .
8. For more safety keep the key.bat in another location .Only for unlocking copy paste to the original location and double click.

bye bye:D

vish786

"The Gentleman"
great for hard work u hav done.... but dont use it... it will mess up things if something goes wrong while doing those tricks.... so y use such a long and tough procedure....

just use some folder locking software

u hav done a good work buddy i really apprentiate it :)

redhat

Mad and Furious
Please post the source...:cool:

Thread already started at:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48001

Plus,
I have created an app. that models this type of locking in Visual Basic. The thread for that is running at:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44805

Any one wants more information please contact me...:grin:

[A]bu

Journeyman
Very previously i have unlocked a folder which was locked by a program.... that's good tip but try hard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom