Live Distros with FAT32

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Can u guys please tell me the names of all live distros that can read and write fat32 partition of a ide ahrd disk.

I have only one that can do that it is Dyne;bolic. I want more like this one.
Hope you can help me.

desertwind

Cyborg Agent
Well, reading from and writing into FAT32 partition is not a distro level feature. It's a kernel feature. AFAIK all the current distro is having kernel 2.4 or later and supports it.

eddie

El mooooo
Are you sure you are talking about FAT32 and not NTFS? FAT32 support has been included in Linux kernel since almost last 8 years and there is no reason why any modern Linux distro shouldn't be able to provide you with your requirements.

eddie

El mooooo
Mounting NTFS is available in almost all modern distros and is not limited to Fedora. It is the writing that is not so developed which is why I mentioned NTFS.

OP
Quiz_Master

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
Well I am asking this because in Gentoo (latest) I can not access fat32 partion (can access ext3 ;) ).
I tried thiese distros but failed..
Slax
gentoo
knoppix 4

what can be the problem.

I also tried FC 4 but it failed to mount fat32 partiotion.

Also in all these distros I can see that there are 5 partition mounted but cant access them.
(I have 5 partions.)

OP
Quiz_Master

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
At last I found this thread. Ok what about those who can auto mount fat 32 partitions.
Means I dont want to type command for mounting Partition.
Just boot to linux and partion is there

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
use slax ... *www.slax.org .... fat32 enabled pehle se ... ntfs u have to use a mod and command line ... fat32 by default

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom