Live CD Linux

Status
Not open for further replies.

khandu

In the zone
Hi

Suggest a Live CD ( NOT DVD ).. for Linux.. need for a college.. should be simple for i386

all confused which to downlaod.. SUSE, Knoppix, UBUNTU etc..

some1 please suggest a LIVE CD with all basic featuers look alike of RedHat ( cause that college was using that before )..

they basically need to use shell scripting and vi editor etc..

plz suggest by tonight and download link too.. need to download 2night..

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
well, if u have knoppix use that,
else use Simply Mepis which was given a few months before...

Almost all the distros support the things u r askin for
u can use ny distro

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
Hmm.. i can download ne..

so it seems the simple choice is between knoppix and SUSE.. which supports more hardware??

ujjwal

Padawan
SLAX should fit the requirements pretty well, its fast, very small in size and customisable. It can be found at www.slax.org . But yes, nearly any live cd will work for you...

If you need very good hardware detection, then look at Knoppix or Kanotix. They will not work as fast as SLAX, but come with a greater set of features out of the box. You can find a list of more popular live cd's here.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I guess, no Live distro beats Knoppix/Gnoppix. I have both the distros and am in Mumbai. You can contact me if you wish for a copy.

bharat_r

In the zone
I thought there was already a thread on live CDs which ran to more than 2 pages.

drgruge dosen't lock topics in open source froum?
because is it was somwhere else he would have locked it.

OP
K

khandu

In the zone
tuxfan said:
I guess, no Live distro beats Knoppix/Gnoppix. I have both the distros and am in Mumbai. You can contact me if you wish for a copy.

thankx tux..

but me in kinda hurry.. i will download it.. 700 MB just 1 night for me :p

if i still dont manage i will ask u definetly..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom