@Live Addresses Will Be Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceHeart

In the zone
"Because I don't want to get into the business of censoring comments, I did not delete the instructions for creating an @live.com account. @live.com accounts are not legitimately available anywhere except in the Netherlands, where we released Windows Live Mail (without the Beta) last week. If you created an @live.com account using the instructions below, it's quite likely the account will get blown away."

Source: *mail-support.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A41CEE528F101345!4699.entry

manas

Wandering in the zone ...
Hmm, deleting live.com account means Microsoft accepting there was a flaw in their sign up process.

Since when has Microsoft started accepting its faults ?

linuxman

Broken In
Hi all-

We just wanted to update LiveSide’s readers – We will NOT be revoking @live.com email addresses recently obtained by many of you. We love all the enthusiasm for Windows Live, and certainly don’t want to stamp down on it in any way. We will however keep an eye out to make sure that accounts are not abused (for instance, if obtained by obvious spammers).

I’ll watch this comment thread in case you have any questions!

Kevin Briody

Windows Live Team
November 15 2:27 PM

Souce : *liveside.net/blogs/main/archive/2006/11/15/live-mail-to-delete-new-live-addresses.aspx

manas

Now what about this..Another WLM developer writes @live.com addresses are safe.

*www.liveside.net/blogs/main/a...safe-whew.aspx

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
What'z happening? One guy says it is safe..other says it will be deleted!
I think I need to do some real googling...

manas

kumarmohit said:
LOL I hope Windows Live will not be as confusing as its developers seem to be..

The deveoper who says live accounts will be blown away seems to be a bit too over-ambitious telling around that "live accounts are likely to be blown away".

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
PrinceHeart said:
"Because I don't want to get into the business of censoring comments, I did not delete the instructions for creating an @live.com account. @live.com accounts are not legitimately available anywhere except in the Netherlands, where we released Windows Live Mail (without the Beta) last week. If you created an @live.com account using the instructions below, it's quite likely the account will get blown away."

Source: *mail-support.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!A41CEE528F101345!4699.entry

I don't know about third party sources but no sooner did I see this post I immediately loged into my @Live.com account and It was a big relief to know that It's still opening like a beauty. :cool:

P.S. Rumors are only rumors It shouldn't be taken seriously unless some oficial source come to verify it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom