Little help with the SB i7 Config :)

OP
G

giri1991

Broken In
Thanks mate! At the moment there is no availability for P series board, They only got H here ... But they promise me that they can get it :D

And your comment over this ?

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/pc-compon...2-little-help-sb-i7-config-2.html#post1324328

Another question is, When using 2 Cards is it possible to get a better performance ? i.e. More than of a stock GTX 570 ?

Moreover I found first stock pieces of HD 6950 too.

buddy after reading reviews i find P8P67 Deluxe a better choice than Sabertooth P67 due to its more connectivity options. the performance will be same. they both are good overclockers. or get whatever you find cheaper of two.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
you can look at HD6850 in crossfire. this is better than gtx570 at same price and power consumption equal to single gtx570! but another option is crossfire of 2 high end cards. get a 6970 now and crossfire it later, it crushes 570 SLI with better scaling.
now choice is yours.

about physx you have another option. the P8P67 Deluxe has 3 pcie slots out of which one is x4. this is suited for physx card. get 6850 in cfx and a GT240 (4.5k) for physx processing.

but for a single card my advice is a HD6970. this has everything except performance in physx. you have lot of money to spend so a 4.5k GT240 will do good.

or leave physx as this is just an attraction from nvidia with some better effects IMO.

DISCLAIMER - ALL I HAVE SAID IS MY PERSONAL OPINION BASED ON REVIEWS AND I DONT WANT A FIGHT ON THIS AGAIN :-D

Last edited:
OP
G

giri1991

Broken In
Well yeap my only query was that buy HD6950 do a flash mod and then spend the save on Physx unit!

Yes I do have lota money, But I also have to buy a Mac, So cant spend everything off :-/

Regarding the crossfire tech, What it is exactly ? Can ya explain in detail ?

you can look at HD6850 in crossfire. this is better than gtx570 at same price and power consumption equal to single gtx570! but another option is crossfire of 2 high end cards. get a 6970 now and crossfire it later, it crushes 570 SLI with better scaling.
now choice is yours.

about physx you have another option. the P8P67 Deluxe has 3 pcie slots out of which one is x4. this is suited for physx card. get 6850 in cfx and a GT240 (4.5k) for physx processing.

but for a single card my advice is a HD6970. this has everything except performance in physx. you have lot of money to spend so a 4.5k GT240 will do good.

or leave physx as this is just an attraction from nvidia with some better effects IMO.

DISCLAIMER - ALL I HAVE SAID IS MY PERSONAL OPINION AND I DONT WANT A FIGHT ON THIS AGAIN :-D

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Yup 6950 + gt240 will be good and sufficient. Ask cilus for knowing more on physx config and setting it up.

Combining two or more amd cards is cfx and nvidia cards is sli.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ giri1991

I am totally against a 6970 and a physx config. No need to by that when gtx 570 is around. Why will you buy a 6970 and add a cheap nvidia card for physx when gtx 570 gives everything out of the box? There's no gurantee that you can flash the 6950 into a 6970. Newer pcb's don't allow this and unlocking simd's are locked from chip level.

When you sli two 570's there is no need for any physx card whereas even two 6970's will get crippled with physx on.

Nvidia has released improved sli drivers(266.58) which will bridge the deficit it had in earlier releases and reviews. Now a 570 sli can scale equal to 6970 xfire.

6970 is utter crap in my opinion so avoid it . Getting it is a huge bargain now cause newer games will perform better in nvidia's architecture which are tesselation heavy and its tlp style processing.

My vote goes to gtx 570. Rest is upto you.

OP
G

giri1991

Broken In
Ah! I see. Thanks for the clarification.

Yup 6950 + gt240 will be good and sufficient. Ask cilus for knowing more on physx config and setting it up.

Combining two or more amd cards is cfx and nvidia cards is sli.

I am still truly an nVidia fan, 570 is the firm option i got, But I was also wondering about other possibilities :)

Query, Can you guys gimme some nVidia SLI card suggestions then ? At price range of single GTX 570 and out performing it :p (I'm Greedy, Yeap!)

@ giri1991

I am totally against a 6970 and a physx config. No need to by that when gtx 570 is around. Why will you buy a 6970 and add a cheap nvidia card for physx when gtx 570 gives everything out of the box? There's no gurantee that you can flash the 6950 into a 6970. Newer pcb's don't allow this and unlocking simd's are locked from chip level.

When you sli two 570's there is no need for any physx card whereas even two 6970's will get crippled with physx on.

Nvidia has released improved sli drivers(266.58) which will bridge the deficit it had in earlier releases and reviews. Now a 570 sli can scale equal to 6970 xfire.

6970 is utter crap in my opinion so avoid it . Getting it is a huge bargain now cause newer games will perform better in nvidia's architecture which are tesselation heavy and its tlp style processing.

My vote goes to gtx 570. Rest is upto you.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Wait for gtx 560. Its gonna launch in jan 25th . Gtx 560 sli will definitely outperform a single gtx 570 and a single 6970. 6850 cf won't even come near it and neither will 6870cf.

OP
G

giri1991

Broken In
No problem I am gonna get all these stuff only after jan end. Got time :) So it will be available in India same time ? Or will take some more time ?

So SLI a power consumer ? Will a Tagan 750 can help 1 SDD and 4 HDD's ? Along with the SLI ?

Wait for gtx 560. Its gonna launch in jan 25th . Gtx 560 sli will definitely outperform a single gtx 570 and a single 6970. 6850 cf won't even come near it and neither will 6870cf.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
just i will say a single thing and after that nothing in this thread. physx will put load on gpu and slow it down giving less fps. because a single gpu also has to take care of other things in games. so a separate physx card will allow performance boost instead of slowing down things. so 6950 + 240 for physx (22.5k just 0.5k more than 570) will improve fps and quality. rest upto you giri.

OP
G

giri1991

Broken In
Well valid enough and to prevent future choas I went down to a SLI choice :D

Vicky said that 560 GTX is coming soon, I can expect an SLI too perhaps, Which can easily outperform both the available options at more or less the same cost :D

I hope that alternative is okay ?

just i will say a single thing and after that nothing in this thread. physx will put load on gpu and slow it down giving less fps. because a single gpu also has to take care of other things in games. so a separate physx card will allow performance boost instead of slowing down things. so 6950 + 240 for physx (22.5k just 0.5k more than 570) will improve fps and quality. rest upto you giri.

Piyush

Lanaya
@giri
if u can wait a lil bit and u wish to go for nvidia way only
then u should go for 560 SLI and not 570
rest is upto u

OP
G

giri1991

Broken In
Yes I can when something thats best is coming, Its worth waiting. So any ideas / leaks on prices ? Will it be around the price of 570 / 6970 ?

So Jan 25 is the launch, Can I expect it on shops by Feb 2nd week ?

@giri
if u can wait a lil bit and u wish to go for nvidia way only
then u should go for 560 SLI and not 570
rest is upto u

S_V

In the zone
My movie dumps do bro :) I am using 6 MBPS connection, You can literally calculate how much crap I dump every month lol!

250 + 500 + 1TB is my present space hold. It already filled the 1400 GB mark. Going future proof :D

Space is never future proof. I am using 6TB (including in(4TB) and ext(2TB) HDD) still i don't have much space left... So it's not the thing to bother much.. Delete OLD junk or add new HDD when in need...

You don't need SSD, it's total waste of money when considering your HDD requirements.. Your system will be fast and it's enough to run good in sata 2 or sata 3... For SSD price get another 1 TB 6GBPS.

SSD's will be much much much faster in transferring files and good for OS but won't benefit anything in Gaming.. It's speed will be limited if you use slower HDD for transfers....

The parts I am still struggling to decide are the PSU, GPU and the Cabinet, Regarding the Cabinet, I will buy something thats Big and spacey :)

When i see those Words, you will need HAF X and Corsair 800D. But i don't think you need that BIG and spacey Cabinet for your Rig.. CM 690 advanced is more than enough for you...
Stay away from NZXT Phantom at all costs. It's has many clearance issues with aftermarket coolers such as H70, Noctua DH 14 ,etc... Shame it's pretty solid cabby but got many flaws in its design.. The grommets will always get loose and won't fit tight if you run cables through it..

If you suggest HD 6970, I saw at some boards that HD 6950 shaders can be unlocked and made perform like HD 6970 ? (Current stock HD 6950, btw) That definitely saves me around some 4~5K!

Yes, 6950 can be unlocked to 6970 and performs good. But here there are issues, Benchmarks software will still detect as 6950 and utilities like Afterburner MSI, etc will not detect your card properly and will have less chances to OC in future or not at all.. Oh, BTW it voids your warranty too.

ATI drivers are really BIG issues with new Games.. Sometimes HOTFIX's or new Drivers must be released unless you can't play new games right away... BUT ATI cards are good performers considering their Budgets...

As you can see Vicky suggested me Seasonic 850W S12D-850 80+ Silver Certification psu, Do I really need 850W ? Or something low / cheap will do ? I have future plans to overclock, So suggestions will help :)

The more the BETTER in PSU's. PSU are the ones which we don't want to buy everytime we go for new systems.. So it's good to have more watts in hand..

GTX 580 will totally destroy my future Mac funds :'( Theres gonna be much Encoding and less gaming btw :) Just want some card that can mostly max out on that giant monitor

MAC is for Kids .... ;-)

OP
G

giri1991

Broken In
Well my SSD choice was just for the OS, Hope NZXT Gamma's good, Caz its huge with lota bay options! Right I will go for a Higher Watt PSU!

Oh come on! Stop shattering my apple dreams :p

Space is never future proof. I am using 6TB (including in(4TB) and ext(2TB) HDD) still i don't have much space left... So it's not the thing to bother much.. Delete OLD junk or add new HDD when in need...

You don't need SSD, it's total waste of money when considering your HDD requirements.. Your system will be fast and it's enough to run good in sata 2 or sata 3... For SSD price get another 1 TB 6GBPS.

SSD's will be much much much faster in transferring files and good for OS but won't benefit anything in Gaming.. It's speed will be limited if you use slower HDD for transfers....

When i see those Words, you will need HAF X and Corsair 800D. But i don't think you need that BIG and spacey Cabinet for your Rig.. CM 690 advanced is more than enough for you...
Stay away from NZXT Phantom at all costs. It's has many clearance issues with aftermarket coolers such as H70, Noctua DH 14 ,etc... Shame it's pretty solid cabby but got many flaws in its design.. The grommets will always get loose and won't fit tight if you run cables through it..

Yes, 6950 can be unlocked to 6970 and performs good. But here there are issues, Benchmarks software will still detect as 6950 and utilities like Afterburner MSI, etc will not detect your card properly and will have less chances to OC in future or not at all.. Oh, BTW it voids your warranty too.

ATI drivers are really BIG issues with new Games.. Sometimes HOTFIX's or new Drivers must be released unless you can't play new games right away... BUT ATI cards are good performers considering their Budgets...

The more the BETTER in PSU's. PSU are the ones which we don't want to buy everytime we go for new systems.. So it's good to have more watts in hand..

MAC is for Kids .... ;-)

Top Bottom