LiteOn or Sony

Status
Not open for further replies.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Well, I recommend a Sony. I've been using a CRX-320E and I find that its just plain awesome when it comes to performance and build quality. I can vouch for the Sony drives.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmm, both are the same...sony's lens are manufactured by liteon and their business is now brought by liteon.
So go for liteon optical drive...

digen

Youngling
Yeps as grudgy said & afaik sony just rebadgesdrives manufactured by liteon.
I have a Sony CRX 225E1 which I later flashed it via a firmware upgrade to CRX230E.No problems faced so far ...touchwood.lol

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
I've used and installed for others dozens of CD writers by both Sony and Liteon, out of which only one Sony drive and no Liteon drive has failed.

The failed Sony writer could have been just a fluke or due to lack of proper care by the user, and is no basis for thinking that Sony build is not as good as Liteon's. In short, I believe that they are equally reliable.

Performance-wise, without careful comparative tests, I can see no obvious difference between the two brands. They're both good dependable products. It seems to me though that tray movement is smoother and more silent with the Sony drives

OP
P

parimal

Journeyman
I heard that LiteOns are picky about media and stops reading CDs after some time, some people say LiteOns are not long lasting as Sonys.......is this true?? But I have seen many reviews on net in favor of LiteOns!!

theraven

Technomancer
nope that aint true at all
im using a lite-on for over 1.5 years now ( ummm long story ) and i swear by it today
infact its a combo and even tho a combo isnt recommended ive had no problems soo far with it !

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
Lite-On rocks. But b sure u find a failure in 2-3 yrs or so. If u r a HEAVY CD-Writer. SONY is good. But I wud rec Lire-On bcoz of the price factor.

OP
P

parimal

Journeyman
Are all LiteOns make noise while reading CDs?? I have seen some LiteOns just roar while reading CDs.....!!!!

busyanuj

In the zone
since Lite-On manufactures the optical drives for Sony, so a Lite-On/Sony drive is pretty much the same thing.

if you are overtly conscious about brand name then go for Sony else a Lite-On drive will do just as fine.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
I have been using both drives a lite on and a sony drive on 2 different systems and I have found both to be reliable. If I were to choose one I would go for Liteon due to a previous bad experience with a Sony drive. But thats just my opinion :D

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
My sony DVD drive is quiet slow and is only 2 months old.
I just bought a new Liteon CD writer for 1300 and it really rocks!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom