lite-on dvdrom/cd writer combo drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

slater007

Broken In
Hai ,
I have the hp pavilion a1020in desktop pc.It came with the lite-on combo sohc 4832k dvdrom/cd writer combo drive.The drive was working great until yesterday when it did not recognise dvds.it does not autoplay .When i try to right click and open it shows a blank window (no files or folders),but it can read and write cds.What could be the problem?Please help.

anand1

In the zone
The Rom Lens is becoming weak so it is not able to read the dvd which are a bit scratched or having minor problems.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Looks like too many people are having problems with DVD writers and Media. I remember the times when floppy drives and disks were quite reliable.With mass production, widespread usage and cheaper prices they became so unreliable that even after just a first write the floppies gave up. I am afraid that we are heading to the same situation in respect of DVD writers and media.The products are becoming more and more unreliable.Is this technological advancement? I wonder! Nowadays I am ever under tension as to whether my DVD writings will go through successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom