Status
Not open for further replies.
hi friends, iam interested to use linux so pls suggest me which distributor linux s best...
my system config: 256ram(191mb)
80gb
amd processor
pls tell me which distributor version will work on dis config n also give download link if possible........

bikdel

Alpha Geek Banned
Well first Id advise you to lower the RAM dedficated to onboard GPU to some figure less. With that kind of memory, you are seriously bottlenecking with so much video memory allocated.

And 256 MB RAM is too less for new Ubuntu. Try Zenwalk. I liked it but doesnt have that amount of repositories as in Ubuntu. Other members may be of more help.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Before you ask what Distro is suited for you.
Which Distro is suited for you
Take the below tests as shown in this thread.
Test1
Test 2
Test 3

Source : Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

:p

Before you ask what Distro is suited for you.
Which Distro is suited for you
Take the below tests as shown in this thread.
Test1
Test 2
Test 3

Source : Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)

:p
thanks for mentioning my thread :)

anyway, its a looong time since someone asked for a distro. So fire away any questions you have.

and yes, DONT use ubuntu. Its going to hang like sh!t on your rig.

nach

24X7 GNU/Linux UseR
since download is freely available just search in google and u will get links
My choice is Fedora/CentOS or Debian.

Very funny, when I say he can use SUSE and use it comfortably I mean it.

*farm3.static.flickr.com/2267/2122604803_10327dbcf9_o.png
Really ? Then I better give it a try. I seriously doubt the live CD would even boot. For SuSE 10.2, I got error saying for gnome to boot I need 512MB RAM :lol:

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Not the live CD, try the install DVD. The live CD unfortunately does not have the direct install option.

And while you're at it, install with the GNOME desktop environment, not KDE

Last edited:
Not the live CD, try the install DVD. The live CD unfortunately does not have the direct install option.

And while you're at it, install with the GNOME desktop environment, not KDE
I was downloading, 25mb was left and MultiGet screwed up. :x

Finally I got the corrupted ISO, which I force burnt into a DVD using K3B, thinking that I may just give it a shot. But then, NO success. I couldn't fix the image with a torrent client since I need some disc space in my HDD to move the file around. Finally, I ended up spending two nights downloading nothing and converting a Disc to a frisbee. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom