1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Linux Users Group [LUG]

Discussion in 'Open Source' started by Thor, Nov 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thor

Thor Member

Dear Friends,
    Come 23rd November AT NIT [National Institute of Tech.] Durgapur, WB LUG is being inaugaruted. Now, I use WinXP, and know next to nothing abt Linux. This "club" will try to initiate the uninitiated in the world of OpenSource. MD of IBM India is coming in himself to inaugarate the club!.

When in Std.XI I tried using Mandrake 9.0. I experienced the userfriendliness and confusions of Linux both!! Damn Me! I couldn't get to run C++ in Mandrake! Got frustrated and went back to Win!!

I wud really like to see what Linux has to offer. As it is opensource its got immense potential [Me being a 1st yr student of Comp.Sc.]. I along with my batch mates will really try to explore this new world of Opensource.

I hope My Seniors r upto no Mischief. :wink:
    So let me know what u thnk.
    :) :)

2. indrajit

indrajit New Member

Go to the Software Discussin section in the forum. There you'll get enough thread on linux for a beginner. They are real helpfull, give it a try!

3. drgrudge

drgrudge Another Brick in the Wall

thor, ur avatar looks like a tatoo! lol.

4. SmoothCriminal

SmoothCriminal New Member

Hmm.. Quite big as well.. thor..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.