Linux rocks or does it?

Would you buy original softwares & games if their prices dropped?

• No, i would still prefer pirated ones with real low cost.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberator

Broken In
Linux's always been in discussion, whether its user friendly or not or whether it would find a place in home pcs. after reading some articles in digit n getting the free cd1 of linux i tried my luck with it. i had never used linux b4. i found it really very easy 2 install, very user friendly. inside linux, there r a lot of useful applications, free. it is rock stable. the interface was just like windows. but the main problem was hardware compatiblity. i could never configure my printer n modem.
i think linux is a gr8 software if u really know how 2 use it. linux will get more popular as gets popular, if u understand.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Damn .. You forgot that Windows can also come preinstalled with computers .. And I have a licenced copy of Win XP ..

Linux has to do a lot of work before it can give Windows a run for its money .. First of all it has to leave that I-Am-only-for-geeks attitude ..

totalnut2001

Right off the assembly line
Ya i also think that Linux has a little more distance to go before it can really give a windows a run for its money.

for starters whats with the compiling everytime i want to install something give us installers like that of windows.

Also please loose the Geeky look and feel.

and by the way if u r a power user like me linux then LINUX RULES

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
well... linux is not JUSt for the geeks its for the common man too.. well most ppl here wont agree but it is! its very easy to use!

G

i have used linux red hat , mandrake etc they r gud but i think not so much compitible for all kind of hardware . in some distribution soundcard also not detected . i dont know much about linux but i think windows is better environment.
one reason for that is less popularity of it .

diju

Broken In
1. Hardware compatability
2. Installations
3. Fewer applications (as compared to Windows)
4. Hard for a lay man to use or as batty said..only-fer-geeks

xfce-lover

totalnut2001 said:
Ya i also think that Linux has a little more distance to go before it can really give a windows a run for its money.
for starters whats with the compiling everytime i want to install something give us installers like that of windows.
Also please loose the Geeky look and feel.
and by the way if u r a power user like me linux then LINUX RULES
you call your self a power user of Linux and talking stuff like that? amazing man...amazing...
can you tell me which distro you are using? what all did you have to compile and which "Geeky" look are you talking about?

aakash

Broken In
Man I hate Linux. Leaving the stability aside, it has nothing that it can compete with Windows especially WinXP !!!

wanderer

Ya Linux is great for kids too. My kid is fond of the games on it and he just loves Tux paint. I have tried a lot of distros but the best I had found are SUSE and PCQ Linux.
Suse is so rich of games and office apps. And pcq is easy to configure and can handle any multimedia.
But Linux have a long way to go still

theraven

Technomancer
i must admit im scared to use linux
im one of those afraid to leave the comfort of windows
appearance doesnt matter
i think linux rocks in that
as well as stability
its the software and hardware compatibilty that troubles me
till hardware dont start shippin with linux drivers
and software developers dont make linux alternatives ... linux wont be able to be on the top .
im full on for linux either ways....
PENGUIN POWER !

wanderer

Yes Windows security is getter better in Wndows XP with every patch. If windows can provide security, then why Linux which has few options and installing apps is so hard.

theraven

Technomancer
yet
windows security and stability is nuthin close to linux's
windows is still prone to soo many viruses ... and new ones everyday
and theres still a stability issue
tho these arent much now .. but as compared. .. linux is way ahead
apart from this ... lets not forget thats microsoft we are talkin abt
the big MS
the giant
the one company who has spent its entire being into creating a monopoly
so its not shockin if some of these security "holes" are engineered ..
whereas linux as far as i know ... is by the ppl .. for the ppl ! and improving every generation
but thats the point ... quite a way to go
hmm in that case we could look at windows having a long way to go ..
to stay on top i mean ...
cuz linux is catchin up for sure !!
maybe they should start thinkin more abt service than the money ...
( :lol: yeah right !!)

theraven

Technomancer
HEy
nice site
i read the windows is more stable than linux story
it just talks abt the physical vulnerabilities
and those during installation
like license no.
linux is more stable and secure in terms of COMPUTER security not software security !
tho i still need to go thru the site
will get back on this .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom