Linux For You Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Hi
We all love reading LFY , so why don't we discus about current issue , providing valuable feedback and inputs to the best Linux Magz..

Here is the snapshot of current magz..

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/large/27449_d35rc/Dec.jpeg

Cover Page | Price : 100 INR

1. Content : LINUX For You-THE COMPLETE MAGAZINE ON OPEN SOURCE
  2. DVD : Ubuntu Multi Boot [Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Xubuntu, Edubuntu, Mythubuntu, Ubuntu Stuidio]
  3. CD : Developer Tools along with few goodies..
Keep on chatting.. I will update the thread with Cover page and content :smile:

Regard.

Previous month cover page

*www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/27316_8eukl/Nov.jpg *www.imgx.org/thumbs/small/27317_5mhgc/Oct.jpeg
November | October

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Rules state something against this but the flame has not been ignited yet.

DOTDF Rules said:
* No Controversial / Sensitive Topics.
Such topics — i.e.: competitor magazines, politics, racism, etc., — lead to heated arguments, and are considered detrimental to this forum’s purpose.

^^Lolz, LFY is in no way a competitor magazine to Digit. Its like saying Enid Blyton and Robin Cook are competitors. Just because both are mags does not mean that the target audience is the same.

Anyway: Ontopic: Anyone read the OpenMoko article or found the MultiDVD useful ? I really want to buy Digit December and LFY December, but I am short on cash, due to making an unexpected purchase of Digit November just for its Fast Track to C++. So I need help to decide.

Rahim

Married!
The multi-boot DVD is faulty as it hangs while installing Ubuntu Studio. Though the other versions of Ubuntu works fine.

@Ron: this magazine is for intermediate to advanced users, though it gives some new user related articles like review of Linux OS and installation process, quite common if you ask me.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
I do not think this is allowed here. But then again, as it was rightly pointed out, it's no where near a competitor.

Vishal Patil

Linux all the way
its definitely a competitor as far as open-source segment is considered, i have subscribed for both.
digit contains quite less open-source matter than lfy. as lfy is dedicted 2 open-source.
for gamers n windows fans, its digit...

OP
Dark Star

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Have Digit or any other magz even concentrated on OSS ? Never ! Apart from Ubuntu they don't see anything in OSS/Linux :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom