Linux could have been bigger than Windows today

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gxsaurav

hack, just make a standerd in linux & it will beat windows

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.. I am bloodied but unbowed .. :D ..

My point for the whole thread was Linux people should accept the truth that ethics are not the reason they switched over to Linux ..

Phew ..

mystic_hunter

Right off the assembly line
theraven said:
let goto basics ..
its like comparing apples with oranges ...
U JUST CANT !!
for ANY comparison to be valid ... u need a "common" base !
linux and windows HAVE NO COMMON BASE !!
well not a wide enought one anyways ..
hence it is STUPIDITY to compare them

every person in this thread , or otherwise , who says "windows rulez" or "windows is overated, linuz rules" are basically 2 sides of a coin

they are 2 diff ppl , one who likes apples .. the other who likes oranges
one who likes coffee , the other who likes toffee
the argument CONTINUES .. with NO DEFINITE RESULT
its like having an argument abt which antivirus u use , or which browser u use
it IS infact a matter of choice !

LINUX OS was built with a whole different mind set than windows OS
and the fact that slowly and in the near future , it is/can/may give windows a run for the money does NOT make it eligible for a comparison yet !

for one very simepl eg. linux is prefered as a server os over windows
reasons:
1) greater uptimes
2) CHOICE !

windows is prefered over linux as a workstation OS
reasons
1) user friendliness
2) no CLI trainin required
3) a longer runnin time as primary PC OS

i could mention a lot more points .. but they will just become REDUNDANT
pointin to the same point ..
there is NO comparison !

yep theres no point fighting each other....if Windows is like a rose then Linux is the fragrance :)
Win is enterprise product and linux is community....whats the use when u can make no money out of ur creativity...or a revolutionary idea...but other flip is u can spread the knowledge becoz if u spend knowledge it increases unboundly but if money is spent then its decreases by scores :mrgreen:
"The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources" :mrgreen:

OP
iinfi

iinfi

mekalodu
i started this thread jus to air my opinion and not to start a windows v/s Linux debate .... this thread has gone into windows v/s linux war :d

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
Well if u ask me Linux will not be as popular as Windows for atleast 1 year b'coz every stupid companies are just making newer versions of Linux which is far more complicated than previous so it will not attract a newbie and god damn agencies are providing support. Yeah u will say Red Hat and such coprate companies are providing support but only to Pro users. If an average Indian home user ever feels to migrate to Linux the reson will be money. Windows wil cost about Rs 4000 to Rs 6000 and Linux is free. They will not buy non-free Oses. Users will simply prefer Windows b'coz cracked copies are available in plenty, Windows based applcations are also available in plenty and they get enough support from the vendor itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom