Linux And Live Cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

psinexus

Broken In
HI FOLKS,
STRAIGHT INTO QUESTION-I HAVE GEEXBOX[7MB],PUPPY LINUX[84MB] DISTROS
I BURN THE .ISO IMAGES USING BURN IMAGE OPTION IN NERO BURNING SOFTWARE.MY QUESTION IS
IF I BURN SAY FOR eg GEEXBOX WHICH IS OF 7MB ONTO REGULAR CD[700MB] I CANT MAKE USE OF REMAINING SPACE.IS THERE A WAY TO INCLUDE DATA ONTO CD WITHOUT CORRUPTING THE LIVE CD FUNCTION OF CD?

PSINEXUS

Pathik

Google Bot
u can burn the images to get a bootable cd... but make sure to make it a multi session so that u can add data later... it shd work i think..

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I tried adding data to geexbox but wasn't successful. But, as for puppy, you can surely add data, even after burning the cd/dvd but make sure to burn it as multisession.

subratabera

Just another linux lover.
I don't know whether this will work or not but you can try out the method described below...

1) Open the image file in some iso editor software (winrar can also open iso image files).
2) Create a new folder named data.
3) Put everything you want in that folder.
4) Burn the cd.

n2casey

Super Hero - Super Powers
Agree with subratabera.
But instead of using WinRAR, use WinISO to edit the image.
Just create a folder like Software or Other Data on ur HDD, copy all the contents (u want to add) to this folder.
Now open ur image with WinISO, and add the Software folder to it. Save the image & burn it using Nero.

If u r planning to burn on DVD then use UltraISO coz it supports larger image files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom