Linux ( All flavours ) installation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

wormhole

Right off the assembly line
Hello everybody,

I have a serious problem. I recently upgraded my system to p4 on intel 845 with 256MB RAM (266MHz)......

Now no version of Linux is running on my PC. Earlier ( when my pc was P3 based), all versions were running smoothly.

I just installed SUSE 9.1. But at the loading time, the following error is displayed...

INIT: ...... Spawning too fast. Suspended for 5 minutes.
and after 5 minutes same error is displayed.

Please asist/help.

OP
W

wormhole

Hey! I found the problem.

Linux runs ok when i use my onboard agp.
But it fails when i use my geforce 4 440mx se graphics card.

What can i do? pls help. i want to run linux using my geforce 4.

h4xbox

Journeyman
well i also got this problem of init "X" respawning too fast in knoppix and its the same stopped for 5 minutes :d

When I typed kdm no response except flickering screens, then i found the path of xserver and typed something like starting with /etc/.../ something.... instead of startx, then i also tried startx, nothing responded.

Solution is required here also ;)

Arachnid

Broken In
Yeah...there is a live CD version of Mandrake. You can find it either at www.mandriva.com or www.distrowatch.com. It's called Move and you can get it here : *www.mandriva.com/products/move

Regarding the Knoppix thingy - i really cant help much but here's some info that helped me. Use the following cheat code at boot and it shoudl help

-maxhsync = 60 ...i think that was really all it needed. Also try to boot using the standard VGA mode, -i think thats -knoppixVGA

aaah what the hell...the complete list of cheat codes are at the knoppix website or on the installation CD.

OP
W

wormhole

This problem is common in intel 845G chipsets using external AGP cards. Will the future versions of linux solve the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom