Linus Torvalds on Leopard File System: 'Complete and Utter Crap'

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Well come on guyz, how can it be MS. I mean its like Bill calls Micheal Dell to buy OEM copies of his OS or else he would kill Dell juniors.

If MS would have tried to bully the HW companies to purchase windows, the first thing they would have done it is to jump at Linux.

Actually it is the demo crapware like Norton Demos and other stuff which comes preinstalled for which the hardware vendors get money and subsequently lower the price of hardware. For windows etc they have to pay.

It is actually a vicious circle. Because of Windows having a high Mkt share, most of the buyers demand Windows. As more people ask for Win, the penetration of Win increases further which leads to more people getting used to and seeking Windows and so on.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
All offtopic:

Yup, cos consumer demand an OS with the laptop for a better out of the box experience. Not everyone has the knowledge, & time to install an OS on there own.
I'm sorry to type like this but this is something that irks me and I can't help saying this but: Just coz some FOOLS can't install an OS by themselves doesn't mean those who are capable are forcefully made to pay!

My comment is not aimed at you but in agreement to what you said GX :)

Windows is the most used OS out there, & if a vendor gives his laptop without an OS it results in piracy.
Just coz not giving the OS some XYZ will pirate it doesn't mean I too hafta buy. Why should I pay for the sins of some ~!@#$%^& ????

Still the laptop manufacturer can indeed give the user not to select any OS on some high end models or Linux or Vista installation at an additional cost...but then people will crip about cost.
Agree with you on the cribbing about cost :) But that exists in the low end market only. For a 30k laptop 5k on OS mebbe a big amount, but on high end machines which retail in excess of 65k, 5k is meager. So this point can't be generalized but is certainly valid for low cost machines :)

It is actually a vicious circle. Because of Windows having a high Mkt share, most of the buyers demand Windows. As more people ask for Win, the penetration of Win increases further which leads to more people getting used to and seeking Windows and so on.
100% agree with this statement of yours :)

Sorry for the offtopic posts! Can we get on to the topic guys?? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom