Linspire installation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Hi I just want to know that is there any way out to install Linspire 5.0 permanently on the HDD instead of running it from CD as booting from CD takes a long time.If yes,which file system will be needed by Linspire.

tuxfan

Technomancer
Of course it can be installed on to the hard disk. But there must be a separate unformatted hard disk partition (with sufficient space) for it. Do you have it?

OP
sandeepkochhar

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Yeah I have the unformated partition of size 5 GB but how do I install. There is no HDD installation option in the Live CD.

tuxfan

Technomancer
I haven't checked Linspire. So don't know much about it. You can check it out at *www.linspire.com/. I have never used Linspire so don't know much about it.

But it is better if you don't install a Live distro on hard disk. Afterall live distros are limited distros due to space constraints.

Yuo can try out Mandrake 10.1 (given on Digit DVD) or SuSE (given on Digit DVD) or Fedora Core (given on Digit DVD) or PCQ Linux 2005 (with me ;)). I use PCQLinux 2005 in one machine and Mandrake 10.1 in another.

vrnoormd

Broken In
Just boot your system with Linspire 5 CD It will gives 3 choices for u in the First Screen

1. Install or Update the Linspire
2. Live from CD
3. Advanced Options

Select any one and give ENTER.

Thats All. :roll: :roll:

tuxfan

Technomancer
The version that Digit has given on its DVD in May 2005 is only Linspire Live! Of course, it can be intalled on the hard disk, but it will still remain a limited version.

As for the options that vrnoormd gave, I didn't see them. I could see only 2 options. One of them was proceed with the boot. Choose the other option and you will see be able to find out the installation.

But I will still recommend that you don't install that on your hard disk. Opt for some other full version instead of a live one.

sourav

In the zone
OK hero say now how

OK Listen my question is how to install Mandrake 10.1 from hdd. I know it was there in home page of digit. Now I cannot find. Help :?:

ujjwal

Padawan
Now you should start a new topic for your query ...

Anyway the page you want is *www.thinkdigit.com/howto.html

kapsicum

spice it up
Pls help any1 i m not able to boot Linspire live cd....
getting a message as

Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM
No Emulation

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:
:( :( :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom