Linkin Park's New Album Review By Me:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goten

Banned
"Minutes To Midnight"

First thing is about the total no of tracks. There are total of 12 tracks. After listening to its songs you will notice different kinda music from LP as its more like retro rock. Some songs lack the feel of LP but some are really good like Given Up, What I've done etc etc:)).

Guys go listen to all the 12 songs n do tell me wat u liked in the new album.

01 Wake.mp3 Audio 2.74 M
02 Given Up.mp3
Audio5.42 M
03 Leave Out All The Rest.mp3 Audio5.51 M
04 Bleed It Out.mp3
Audio4.35 M
05 Shadow Of The Day.mp3
Audio7.44 M
06 What I've Done.mp3 Audio5.24 M
07 Hands Held High.mp3
Audio5.8 M
08 No More Sorrow.mp3
Audio5.77 M
09 Valentine's Day.mp3 Audio5.19 M
10 In Between.mp3
Audio4.9 M
11 In Pieces.mp3 Audio 6.18M
12 The Litte Things Give You Away Audio 9.8M

Also I wanna ask u guys which song made u a LPholic.

For me, Its 'In The End' n later 'A Place For My Head'

Peace~~~LP Rulez~~~!

sam_1710

Youngling
From minutes to midnight.. "What I've Done" is super!! :) liked it a lot!!
im not a LPholic.. but this song is good!!

S

Shalu_Sharma

07 Hands Held High.mp3

and

10 In Between.mp3

I have yet to hear rest of them...

OP
Goten

Goten

Banned
goobimama said:
That was your review?

Hehe yeah.

If I write more than this then no1 will care to read it.

Hehe.

Nehow u did not tell us wich one is ur favsong in this album n are u a LPholic n wich song made u one.

Peace~~~!

Shalu_Sharma said:
07 Hands Held High.mp3

and

10 In Between.mp3

I have yet to hear rest of them...

Hmmm Hands Held High is kida ok but yeah u shud hear all of em if ur a LPholic.

If u are then do tell us that wich song made u a LPholic.

I recommend u hear 'No More Sorror' from their new album.

Peace~~~!

Last edited:

Thor

Ambassador of Buzz
The first one I ever listened was Somewhere I Belong , and fell in love .
Then In the End, and finally when I saw Numb ... I totally LPed myself!

dissel

Cyborg Agent
Is this time Can I get the real one ?

Make me LPholic

1.In the end
2.Pts of Authority(Crystal M Edition)
3.Breaking The Habbit
4.My December

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Linkin Park's Minutes To Midnight

Here's my review of Minutes To Midnight .. Each song is linked to the lyrics I've noted down and put up on my site so you can catch the depth of it. (12 tracks)
  • 1. Wake (1:40)
Well this one is the worst instrumental intro to any album ever. While its tune is good (Like Linkin Park's instrumentals always are), the vinyl scratches are so bloody irritating, more than that horn intro to Muse's latest.
  • 2. Given Up (3:10)
I hate this song the most, not cause of its profanity but cause of the unnecessarily loud and bad emotionless screaming. Still, its gonna sell them a lot since its more of the 'Punk and Hard' style people like.
  • 3. Leave Out All The Rest (3:18)
My favorite song on the album. Its slow and almost like 'The Postal Service' sing, but the way Chester sung it is very very good. IMO atleast. Emotion in other songs doesn't go higher than this.
  • 4. Bleed It Out (2:54)
Damn catchy song, reminds you of Meteora. But the real audience audio in the background .. I don't know what to say, if its good or not but it sure lends more energy to it. The lyrics make no sense to me, its just a fun and bizzare song I guess ..
  • 5. Shadow Of The Day (4:50)
Another 'The Postal Service' style song, but its a bit catchy too, with depth this time. There's just something about the word 'Sun' and Chester that doesn't go down with me. In Papercut (Hybrid Theory) too he sings 'Sun' in a beautiful and deep way like this, it totally makes you love the song.
  • 6. What I’ve Done (3:25)
A single you might have already heard over 5 times I guess. I like this one, perhaps the only one with significant Joe Hahn content. Its a song that will grow on you and makes no justice if you listen to it only once.
  • 7. Hands Held High (3:53)
I don't know what to say of this. High Voltage was a similar Mike solo rap song but it had good music playing with it while this just has 'Amen' in a haunty tone. But if you really listen to it following every word, you'll realize that there's more to the song's meaning than you can fathom, its very very deep, probably the deepest song in the whole MTM.
  • 8. No More Sorrow (3:38)
Catchy catchy catchy. This one will sell. The lyrics sound anti-Bush though. The guitars and drums are awesome in it, good song in all. Nearly Meteora-ish IMO. Also, though Chester's screams in this too is like Given Up, the music makes up for it.
  • 9. Valentine’s Day (3:15)
A poppy song, only the last 35 seconds or something actually got my interest. Its full of repeated lines and words though. Not saying its something you won't wanna listen to even once but I mean its something you wont hit the repeat button on.
  • 10. In Between (3:14)
Mike singing! Mike is actually singing and not rapping! Nice song but .. is Mike really singing? And the music? WTH is that? Oh my! My ears are not feeling so well ...
  • 11. In Pieces (3:37)
An average one-time-listen-never-remember-ever-until-it-comes-on-shuffle song. Nothing impressive in it except the mini guitar solo that comes around the middle-end.
  • 12. The Little Things Give You Away (6:23)
A guitar solo by Brad Delson, nice at parts, okay at others, with french accentual words used in connection with water which is actually really and literally deep lol.

Overall rating - 3/5

Not really worth a buy if you ain't buying the CD+DVD two part version with art work and all. Am gonna buy the CD anyway cause its still all in all Linkin Park, and the one to be blamed is Rick Rubin.

goobimama said:
That was your review?
Its okay, dont be disappointed, dictionaries dont sell much these days you see :))

goobimama

 Macboy
The only 'track' I like in this album is "Wake"...though the third one is also quite good. This album is nothing compared to Hybrid Theory.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Re: Linkin Park's Minutes To Midnight

QwertyManiac said:
Here's my review of Minutes To Midnight .. Each song is linked to the lyrics I've noted down and put up on my site so you can catch the depth of it. (12 tracks)
  • 1. Wake (1:40)
Well this one is the worst instrumental intro to any album ever. While its tune is good (Like Linkin Park's instrumentals always are), the vinyl scratches are so bloody irritating, more than that horn intro to Muse's latest.
  • 2. Given Up (3:10)
I hate this song the most, not cause of its profanity but cause of the unnecessarily loud and bad emotionless screaming. Still, its gonna sell them a lot since its more of the 'Punk and Hard' style people like.
  • 3. Leave Out All The Rest (3:18)
My favorite song on the album. Its slow and almost like 'The Postal Service' sing, but the way Chester sung it is very very good. IMO atleast. Emotion in other songs doesn't go higher than this.
  • 4. Bleed It Out (2:54)
Damn catchy song, reminds you of Meteora. But the real audience audio in the background .. I don't know what to say, if its good or not but it sure lends more energy to it. The lyrics make no sense to me, its just a fun and bizzare song I guess ..
  • 5. Shadow Of The Day (4:50)
Another 'The Postal Service' style song, but its a bit catchy too, with depth this time. There's just something about the word 'Sun' and Chester that doesn't go down with me. In Papercut (Hybrid Theory) too he sings 'Sun' in a beautiful and deep way like this, it totally makes you love the song.
  • 6. What I’ve Done (3:25)
A single you might have already heard over 5 times I guess. I like this one, perhaps the only one with significant Joe Hahn content. Its a song that will grow on you and makes no justice if you listen to it only once.
  • 7. Hands Held High (3:53)
I don't know what to say of this. High Voltage was a similar Mike solo rap song but it had good music playing with it while this just has 'Amen' in a haunty tone. But if you really listen to it following every word, you'll realize that there's more to the song's meaning than you can fathom, its very very deep, probably the deepest song in the whole MTM.
  • 8. No More Sorrow (3:38)
Catchy catchy catchy. This one will sell. The lyrics sound anti-Bush though. The guitars and drums are awesome in it, good song in all. Nearly Meteora-ish IMO. Also, though Chester's screams in this too is like Given Up, the music makes up for it.
  • 9. Valentine’s Day (3:15)
A poppy song, only the last 35 seconds or something actually got my interest. Its full of repeated lines and words though. Not saying its something you won't wanna listen to even once but I mean its something you wont hit the repeat button on.
  • 10. In Between (3:14)
Mike singing! Mike is actually singing and not rapping! Nice song but .. is Mike really singing? And the music? WTH is that? Oh my! My ears are not feeling so well ...
  • 11. In Pieces (3:37)
An average one-time-listen-never-remember-ever-until-it-comes-on-shuffle song. Nothing impressive in it except the mini guitar solo that comes around the middle-end.
  • 12. The Little Things Give You Away (6:23)
A guitar solo by Brad Delson, nice at parts, okay at others, with french accentual words used in connection with water which is actually really and literally deep lol.

Overall rating - 3/5

Not really worth a buy if you ain't buying the CD+DVD two part version with art work and all. Am gonna buy the CD anyway cause its still all in all Linkin Park, and the one to be blamed is Rick Rubin.

Its okay, dont be disappointed, dictionaries dont sell much these days you see :))

Hehe.. Nice review by the man himself! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom