Limiting bandwidth on net connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Hi friends,

I have a problem with Internet sharing. Its not about regular sharing in a network.

Actually i have a regular network setup, one main DSL line into router. The output goes into switch and is distributed to four computers. Its working fine but what i want to do is to limit the bandwidth of each connection to abt 128 Kbps(DL as well as UL) so that one cant congest the network by a download.
Plz tell me how is it possible.

OP
A

ashu_dps

Hell Sucks!!!
Yeah dats what i found out after posting here bt its a demo version n it only supports 3 users n i dont wana pirate it. :)

I want some free software for it

I am also facing the same problem...i am using Dlink ADSL 2+ Router....it has been configured 2 work in pppoe mode connection..the rest is commen with ashu...i want to set the router to serve on prority basis....may b the settings called policy database, ingress, egress, shaper could help...but i dont know how to set them.... can anybody help? i urgently need the solution.......

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
What about squid. Here seems to be squid for windows *www.bofi.camelot.de/squid.htm
See if it works for you people.
I believe any good proxy out there should do this for you.

mehulved said:
What about squid. Here seems to be squid for windows *www.bofi.camelot.de/squid.htm
See if it works for you people.
I believe any good proxy out there should do this for you.

i hav told earlier that the nw is working in the sharing mode..not in the server client ....so i cant load sw anywhere..whatever can b done is only through the router...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom