Limited Virtual Memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

aravindp1510

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys, recently due to a power fluctuation, i got a system configuration file corrupt(/system32/config/system) and to repair it i re-installed xp over the previous installation and newly i am getting this error message whenever i tried to login --" Limited Virtual Memory. your virtual paging memory is too small or not set at all please go to________________ and set the values for your paging memory."
I did the procedure and kept values that were a few mb less than the free space available on each drive.(i kept the paging memory on each partition ) and the initial value was set to 1536 mb. It then requested me to restart the system but with no avail. The same error repeats. Even the startup time has increased to above a minute. Can you please help.?:!:

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
Hey guys, recently due to a power fluctuation, i got a system configuration file corrupt(/system32/config/system) and to repair it i re-installed xp over the previous installation and newly i am getting this error message whenever i tried to login --" Limited Virtual Memory. your virtual paging memory is too small or not set at all please go to________________ and set the values for your paging memory."
I did the procedure and kept values that were a few mb less than the free space available on each drive.(i kept the paging memory on each partition ) and the initial value was set to 1536 mb. It then requested me to restart the system but with no avail. The same error repeats. Even the startup time has increased to above a minute. Can you please help.?:!:

I don't think the repair option always works. For you unfortunately the easiest way to get it right is to do a fresh installation of Windows.

It can also happen if you have a corrupted registry. You can repair it but it would take a lot of time. You can get the details here,

*support.microsoft.com/kb/307545

Hope it works!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom