Limewire

Status
Not open for further replies.

naru

Broken In
I've been using limewire for almost a year now. For the past week, the search results have suddenly become pretty sparse and the download speed has hit rock bottom.

Even with files with over 22 hosts, the speed doesn't go beyond 10 kbps.

Is it only me?

I've got MTNL's Triband connection and limewire 4.10.5.

go4saket

No doubt the search results have gone down but the download speed for me was just as fine as it always was. So check your connection and maximum download speed...

go4saket

I would recommend you to switch over to BitTorrent from Limewire as the searching speeds are simply awsome and the database is much more bigger if compared to Limewire...

kato

Karthiksn
Dude i m sure the problem must be with ur ISP as i dot have problem with speeds for those seeing less results i see varied results sometime i see many results for same keyword for whic i got only 2 results before that it all depends on the users onlinei belive

navjotjsingh

Wise Old Owl
Yeah...even I feel no. of results have gone down...and also now most of the results show fake files...86.9KB files or some more fakes...But I never felt slow speeds!

it looks like companies are started sharing fake files....to hide the genuine ones...so as to stop piracy!

OP
N

naru

Broken In
I've got a 256 KBps connections.

Earlier, the download speed used to be a rock solid 28 kbps, n i would usually get a movie in a night.

But now, it doesn't go beyond 10 kbps for some reason.

But if I get stuff from google videos, it's the usual 30 Kbps.

I've never had any success with BitTorrent. Either MTNL has somehow tamed it or it's just plain overhyped.

go4saket

10 KBPS in Limewire and 30 KBPS in normal HTTP download is not possible unless and until the you are downloading the file from someone in Limewire who has quite less upload limit set.

As for Bittottent with MTNL, yes, it does happen as many ISP block some ports. Try using some other port address and then you wouldn't have any problems.

chinmay

Journeyman
Hi, the reason for slower speeds in your P2P software can be that your Internet Service Provider has blocked the ports required to run P2Ps which is the latest trend among the Indian ISPs

In this case forwarding the ports will help in increament of speeds by a great extent. To forward the ports used by Limewire please go to www.portforward.com , selcet the modem you are using , select Limewire from the list and read the tutorial. One such example tutorial is here . If you do not find your router in the list you can select any random modem's tutorial and apply it on your router with the use of common sense.

Another reason might be that some other application or spyware in the background is using your bandwidth. Check for it. Also check for firewall blocking the ports by mistake.

For that matter, I use Limewire as well and speeds never go below 30kBps during days and 65kBps at nights if the no. of connected nodes are more than 2.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
chinmay said:
For that matter, I use Limewire as well and speeds never go below 30kBps during days and 65kBps at nights if the no. of connected nodes are more than 2.

waiting for some screenshots ...both @ daytime and at night....
bcoz iam getting speeds arnd 24kBps and 50-52(kBps)...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom