lightscribe?????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi everyone, i m having hp laptop which having lightscribe feature i want to know how to use it N can i use a ordinary disc for labling or not N plz tell me which software i hv to use for it?????

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Lighscribe mediums are different and cost around 30-35 each. I dont know what softwares can be used,... but someone will definitaly let u know that... waiting for the answer as well

freakitude

Journeyman
check out *lightscribe.com/ for all questions related to lightscribe.

You can only burn labels onto lightscribe discs. The prices for Lightscribe CDs can be as high as Rs. 100 per piece at some places.

You need following softwares:
1. Lightscribe System Software that is required to enable LightScribe functionality on your PC. Its Preinstalled on HP Laptops.

2. Lightscribe Labeling Software. You can use Lightscribe Simple Labeler or Lightscribe Template Labeler, both are freeware.

ayush_chh

Ambassador of Buzz
^^thats right.....but if you have a Laptop you must be having that s/w.....and even the help files(instructions)........:)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
You must have got some disc to test the lightscribe feature.
Lightscribe basically prints cover on a cd with a laser which melts the dye on the cd.The lightscribe drive contains two lasers one is fopr reading & writing data & the other one is for burning the cd cover.

Lightscribe media availabililty is a big problem.

RexRex

Right off the assembly line
I am not a big fan of LightScribe. It is too slow and it only prints in monochrome. Do yourself a favor and get a disc label printer that prints in vivid color and is very fast. I use such a printer and it is called the DiscPainter. It prints full color labels right on the disc in 3 minutes @1200 dpi. Much faster than the 20 minutes for the LightScribe. There is a video of it on youtube if you want to see how it works.

RexRex

Right off the assembly line
Re: Youtube DiscPainter link

*www.youtube.com/watch?v=irP6q7T8bX8

There are a bunch of videos on youtube of the DiscPainter. This one is kind of an introductory one that explains its function. It really is kind of neat.

freakitude

Journeyman
do i need special blank media to be used with this printer ?

I am not a big fan of LightScribe. It is too slow and it only prints in monochrome. Do yourself a favor and get a disc label printer that prints in vivid color and is very fast. I use such a printer and it is called the DiscPainter. It prints full color labels right on the disc in 3 minutes @1200 dpi. Much faster than the 20 minutes for the LightScribe. There is a video of it on youtube if you want to see how it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom