Lies and Rumors spread by Indian media

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
yes, news paper is still better for vast coverage of different news which online / tv media fails to show .. they have the resource but are more focused on certain topic / news only.
I suggest ToI & Hindu for national level news & a good regional newspaper for local news(in North states like UP & Bihar it is usually amar ujala & dainik jagran).

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
IMO TV News has become a TRP game. The bottom line is ad revenue and their reporting is all centered towards this end. Print media I think does not have such a motivation, at least not to the same extent as TV and therefore are more trustworthy.
TRP and ad revenue.

When ad provider is refrigerator, ac or car company. The audience will be middle class or higher. And you will see no news about farmers or those in abject poverty. You will see news which is focused on middle class or higher. Because poor wil not buy that ac, fridge or car.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Another thing to notice is a big change in tone between Hindi and English news channels. Hindi news channels tend to be more sensationalist than English news channels, kind of shows the demographic they are targeting.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another thing to notice is a big change in tone between Hindi and English news channels. Hindi news channels tend to be more sensationalist than English news channels, kind of shows the demographic they are targeting.
Not necessarily(though I do agree somewhat with regards to newspapers) because english news channels can be sensationalist too but in a tone not identified by your typical person but only those who understand the subtlety. Of course because of hind news channel reach their impact is amplified much more.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Yeah, it always comes down to rhetoric. Still in general I feel a less subtle tone has more emotional appeal.

Æsoteric Positron

I AM GROOT (and so are you)
Yeah, I basically stopped watching hindi news channels for the same reason. They make everything too flamboyant without actually giving any real details.

Top Bottom