LG Optimus One, Galaxy SL or Nexus S?

Rohan_B

Journeyman
Hi I am looking to buy a phone strictly under 20K. I considered LG Optimus Black, Nexus S and Galaxy SL. Also the iPhone 3gs but its way too old now!! So please tell me which one should i get??

According to what I have read the Optimus Black is the best looking and most powerful!! So please suggest me which to get!! :-D:-D

Also which one has most support for ROMs and other mods?? Thanks!!

Hi I am looking to buy a phone strictly under 20K. I considered LG Optimus Black, Nexus S and Galaxy SL. Also the iPhone 3gs but its way too old now!! So please tell me which one should i get??

According to what I have read the Optimus Black is the best looking and most powerful!! So please suggest me which to get!! :-D:-D

Also which one has most support for ROMs and other mods?? Thanks!!

Optimus black has battery issues and hardware issues just like Optimus 2x..google it. Galaxy SL is ok, but be ready to wait for the updates.

Nexus S will be the first to get the updates plus it supports tons of custom roms which will satisfy your needs. Just dont buy optimus black until the gingerbread update it out, it might solve the battery issues..but wont recommend to purchase it as of now.

dharmil007

Journeyman
Dont buy Desire S, it has loads of battery issues.
Dont buy it.

instead Nexus S & Galaxy SL are good & it depends on what priorities u have.

Comparision btwn Nexus S & Galaxy SL

Nexus S
-ve points
-NO 720P recording
- NO microsd support
- No FM radio
- No smart dialing

+ve points
-Better Graphics Processor
-Super AMOLED Screen
-Faster Updates & lots of Custom ROMS
-LED Flash

Galaxy Sl
-ve points

- no Flash
-Slower Graphics Processor
-SC-LCD Screen {but both are almost same}

+ve points

-MicroSD Support
-Custom ROMS are gradually increasing & becoming available
-FM Radio
-720P Recording
-Gingerbread Update will be available s00n

You should remove these two :

-ve points
-NO 720P recording
- No smart dialing

Both can be enabled if you flash custom rom.

dharmil007

Journeyman
@dharmil : First of all do you reckon you will be using more than 16GB?

iTs not like that he will be using 16GB or not.
iT is like if i have a MicroSD card support, then i can transfer many Things at fast speed, just by hot-Swapping memory card of my friends fone.

& secondly
YES.
iF i were to carry loads of music & hD Video clips, then 16GB would be very Much less

OP
Rohan_B

Rohan_B

Journeyman
Comparision btwn Nexus S & Galaxy SL

Nexus S
-ve points
-NO 720P recording
- NO microsd support
- No FM radio
- No smart dialing

+ve points
-Better Graphics Processor
-Super AMOLED Screen
-Faster Updates & lots of Custom ROMS
-LED Flash

[/B]

Flipkart.com: Samsung Google Nexus S: Mobile

Nexus S availabe through Flipkart is having an S LCD Display.

Terabyte

In the zone
dharmil007 said:
iTs not like that he will be using 16GB or not.
iT is like if i have a MicroSD card support, then i can transfer many Things at fast speed, just by hot-Swapping memory card of my friends fone.
AFAIK most of the Android phones don't have hot-swap.

OP
Rohan_B

Rohan_B

Journeyman
Optimus black has battery issues and hardware issues just like Optimus 2x..google it. Galaxy SL is ok, but be ready to wait for the updates.

Nexus S will be the first to get the updates plus it supports tons of custom roms which will satisfy your needs. Just dont buy optimus black until the gingerbread update it out, it might solve the battery issues..but wont recommend to purchase it as of now.

What hardware issues is the Optimus Black having?

dharmil007

Journeyman
in Nexus S can we play all videos ??
all formats {mkv, avi, mp4, wmv, etc} & at all resolutions ?? {atleast till 720p} ??
does it support subtitles ??
& lyrics in the music player ???

OP
Rohan_B

Rohan_B

Journeyman
Well I would've really liked 720p recording!! what if I extend my budget slightly and get the samsung galaxy s instead?
Also please tell me the difference between LG Optimus Black and Nexus S coz if there is not much difference then i would really love to get the Optimus Black!

Terabyte

In the zone
^Nexus S has much better Processor and GPU, not to forget that Nexus S will get Ice Cream(next version of Android) first and Black is still on FroYo.

Can u enlight the statement in brief..

If you flash custom roms, these features can be enabled.

What hardware issues is the Optimus Black having?

Its still on froyo, and people are complaining about battery issues etc. You can visit xda for the optimus black and check out how many issues users are complaining about black. Until LG release an update for black, I wouldn't recommend it. If you seriously want to buy it, wait till an update comes out and resolves the issues like battery drainage etc.

Well I would've really liked 720p recording!! what if I extend my budget slightly and get the samsung galaxy s instead?
Also please tell me the difference between LG Optimus Black and Nexus S coz if there is not much difference then i would really love to get the Optimus Black!

you can enable the 720p recording in Nexus S by flashing custom roms. Also, there are tons of beautiful roms like MIUI, AOSP, Google MIUI rom and check out the videos about this rom. The best rom I feel for theme lovers and AOSP rom for performance.

For Optimus black, there are few unofficial roms (with bugs) as LG hasn't released an update of Gingerbread.

Top Bottom