LG Optimus L9 - Short Review

quagmire

Allllright !
source: androidOS.

LG is doing exactly the opposite of what i was expecting. looks like someone smacked a bottle of wine on their CEO's head ;)

^ :bananana:

-----------------
Can someone recommend a camera app for L9 which would enhance performance..
Also video performance looks really bad at night with sufficient lighting.. Any app that can give ISO control in video recorder..?

tkin

Back to school!!
LG L9 owners may start counting days now but most likely it'll take a month before it hits the indian territory.

European LG Optimus L9 gets the Jelly Bean treatment - GSMArena.com news
Well, we got V10G within a month of international release and atm P765 in India is the only P765 worldwide to have V10G(in all apac countries), so given the track record I am expecting JB by april at worst. At best by march last week, not that I care much, ICS is perfectly stable with the L9.

Interesting thing, L9 JB comes with a feature called Q Slide, its the same multitasking feature that comes with the flagship Optimus G: *www.nodch.de/jelly-bean-update-fur-das-lg-l9-wird-ausgerollt/3708/
*www.fonearena.com/blog/56591/introducing-qslide-lgs-new-multitasking-feature.html

And that brings this on par with grand, now one less reason to get the grand.

dreamchaser

Broken In
Well, we got V10G within a month of international release and atm P765 in India is the only P765 worldwide to have V10G(in all apac countries), so given the track record I am expecting JB by april at worst. At best by march last week, not that I care much, ICS is perfectly stable with the L9.

Interesting thing, L9 JB comes with a feature called Q Slide, its the same multitasking feature that comes with the flagship Optimus G: Jelly Bean Update für das LG L9 wird ausgerollt
Introducing QSlide, LG

And that brings this on par with grand, now one less reason to get the grand.

hey i too bought this mobile....but im not impressed with sound quality..i feel the speaker volume could have been better and so is the earphone.an suggestion for the same?

tkin

Back to school!!
hey i too bought this mobile....but im not impressed with sound quality..i feel the speaker volume could have been better and so is the earphone.an suggestion for the same?
Get an earphone, no earphone supplied with any mobile, not even xperia z or iphone is audiophile grade, the speaker isn't loud enough I agree but its better that its not loud enough than hearing distorted noise coming from the small speakers, I have excellent hearing, so no issues for me hearing the ringtone or the notification tone.

dreamchaser

Broken In
Get an earphone, no earphone supplied with any mobile, not even xperia z or iphone is audiophile grade, the speaker isn't loud enough I agree but its better that its not loud enough than hearing distorted noise coming from the small speakers, I have excellent hearing, so no issues for me hearing the ringtone or the notification tone.

alrite can u please suggest me some good earphones (something in the range of Rs.500)

rakeshmarar

Broken In
I am yet to recieve my phone...Did anyone manage to successfully root their L9 ? I really want to know if rooting will solve the 'moving apps to sd card' problem or not ?

rakeshmarar

Broken In
^^ Thnx for the prompt reply. I searched the xda forums but its cluttered with so many methods and workarounds so it was pretty confusing for a noob like me :p Do u have any link for a stable root process? (I really dont wanna brick my phone )

Tenida

Gadget Freak
LG Optimus L9 running official Jellybean OS :D

*forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2107971

Last edited:

rakeshmarar

Broken In
Scratchgard Anti-Glare Screen Protector - LG Optimus L9 P765 Price in India, Buy Scratchgard Anti-Glare Screen Protector - LG Optimus L9 P765, Reviews & Features, Scratchgard Mobile Accessories - Infibeam.com

OR

(pack of 3) LG OPTIMUS L9 Matte Scratch Guard Screen Protector Cover | eBay

Please suggest which of the above screen protectors would be better for L9 ?

tkin

Back to school!!
*i.imgur.com/KTv7BC6.png

WOW! 4 Custom Roms for L9 already released in Original Dev Section. Now PACMAN too. - xda-developers

Can't wait for JB? Get it Now: *forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2189107

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Camera sample :D
*i.imgur.com/cU91X1O.jpg
*i.imgur.com/hEMaRlv.jpg
*i.imgur.com/9XmUWhL.jpg
*i.imgur.com/HoWtyu5.jpg
*i.imgur.com/cpyLNc5.jpg
*i.imgur.com/Q30g1v1.jpg

Top Bottom