LG Optimus L9 - Short Review

quagmire

Allllright !
Receieved my LG l9 (actually for my sister).. Was totally impressed by the display and performance.. Its everything I was hoping for :) ..
Pretty fast shipping from HS18 through Aramex- (Ordered on 11th ,got it today afternoon)
Also received a free flip case (leather with plastic).. Will post pics in the other thread soon..
Thanks for your replies tkin & furious_gamer ..

ranjan.p

Right off the assembly line
Guys! i have this phone too! ..i really like its display and man it feels so light...nice job done by LG...only cons i found is its earphones...they are really worst..but u can always get it separately..so no complaints yet... :) :)

rakeshmarar

Broken In
Bought a LG L9 with free flip case (White) through Indiatimes Shopping for Rs. 15036 after applying coupon.....Hurry offer ends at Midnight...Coupon code was "FLASH1203".....First Android...Hope its worth all the hype !! :-D
To be honest, I picked it over the Pantech Burst (The warranty issue was the only problem due to which my dad refused)
Hope the purchase is worth it !!
Thanks to furious_gamer for the review !! :lol:

I had a few questions:
1) How is shipping by the Indiatimes people ? Any bad experiences in the past ? Anything I should be aware of?
2) Where do I buy a Screen protector for this ?

ranjan.p

Right off the assembly line
^^
1. Indiatimes ships its item through unreliable couriers...u will get ur product for sure...but maybe a little late unless u r in luck.
2. try xtremeguard ..it is really gud.

funskar

Padawan
Bought a LG L9 with free flip case (White) through Indiatimes Shopping for Rs. 15036 after applying coupon.....Hurry offer ends at Midnight...Coupon code was "FLASH1203".....First Android...Hope its worth all the hype !! :-D
To be honest, I picked it over the Pantech Burst (The warranty issue was the only problem due to which my dad refused)
Hope the purchase is worth it !!
Thanks to furious_gamer for the review !! :lol:

I had a few questions:
1) How is shipping by the Indiatimes people ? Any bad experiences in the past ? Anything I should be aware of?
2) Where do I buy a Screen protector for this ?

You should have asked these questions before ordering :-D

rakeshmarar

Broken In
You should have asked these questions before ordering :-D

:mrgreen: I know....But this was an impulse purchase since the discount was up for grabs !! So didnt think twice about it....I am okay waiting 10-15 days or even more provided they finally ship it in good condition without any physical damage. After reading all the reviews here, I am sure it will be worth the wait and worth every penny spent...Afterall, its gonna be my first android ! So pretty excited ! :bananana:

Can someone gimme a link for a good hard case, screen protector as well as a 32 GB micro sd card for this phone ? It would be really helpful !

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
LG L9 owners may start counting days now but most likely it'll take a month before it hits the indian territory.

European LG Optimus L9 gets the Jelly Bean treatment - GSMArena.com news

This is brilliant news..some of my friends delayed buying this because they were not sure about the updates..thanks...

dreamchaser

Broken In
Guys! i have this phone too! ..i really like its display and man it feels so light...nice job done by LG...only cons i found is its earphones...they are really worst..but u can always get it separately..so no complaints yet... :) :)

i too bought this....suggest me earphones for this please:(

^^ Sound quality is good and i guess i mentioned it in review. And yes just get the Hard Case, cause the phone is very light and you have chance to put it down. It doesn't come bundled with screen protector so you better buy one now. Get Hard Case and big no for silicone casing.
but the speaker volume is not great...can u please suggest me a good earphone for this

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Help me too !!

Case: 100% High Quality Rubberized Ultra Thin Hard Back Case For LG Optimus L9 P760 | eBay
Micro-SD card: SanDisk Memory Card MicroSDHC 32GB - SanDisk: Flipkart.com
Screenguard: *www.infibeam.com/Mobile_Accessorie...G-L9/P-E-MA-Malbro-LG-L-9.html?id=Transparent
*www.infibeam.com/Mobile_Accessorie...ard-AG-LG-Optimus-L9-P765.html?id=Transparent

rakeshmarar

Broken In
Case: 100% High Quality Rubberized Ultra Thin Hard Back Case For LG Optimus L9 P760 | eBay
Micro-SD card: SanDisk Memory Card MicroSDHC 32GB - SanDisk: Flipkart.com
Screenguard: Malbro Ultra Clear Screen Protector (Platinum Series) - LG Optimus L9 Price in India, Buy Malbro Ultra Clear Screen Protector (Platinum Series) - LG Optimus L9, Reviews & Features, Malbro Mobile Accessories - Infibeam.com
Scratchgard Anti-Glare Screen Protector - LG Optimus L9 P765 Price in India, Buy Scratchgard Anti-Glare Screen Protector - LG Optimus L9 P765, Reviews & Features, Scratchgard Mobile Accessories - Infibeam.com

Hey thnx for the prompt reply...I want to know is a Class 4 card required for better transfers since I plan to watch a lot of movies on this phone

Edit: Hey, that was a typo. I wanted to know if Class 10 is required or a Class 4 would suffice? I mean how much of a difference would it make ?

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Hey thnx for the prompt reply...I want to know is a Class 4 card required for better transfers since I plan to watch a lot of movies on this phone

Class 4 is decent for normal transfer btw i got 16Gb class 10 Sandisk ultra microsd from hs18.

quagmire

Allllright !
Anyone tried?- CyanogenMod 10.1 Nightly Builds Now Rolling Out For The LG Optimus L9 And U.S. Cellular Note II With LTE

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
The update also brings unlocked bootloader to the phone, which should help the custom ROM development for the smartphone. We might see some love from CM community soon.

source: androidOS.

LG is doing exactly the opposite of what i was expecting. looks like someone smacked a bottle of wine on their CEO's head ;)

Top Bottom