LG g2 v/s Nexus 5

DOST_FRIEND59

Broken In
I am planning to buy new phone this week after using my Note 2 a lot, but still note 2 will be my first smartphone i am looking to replace it.

By far i have checked many phones and i have come to think of only 2 phones as

LG G2 - 32 GB
and
Nexus 5 - 32 GB

Both are good phone to use as per user reviews but i am confused between these 2.

If you can find me another phone which beat these 2 under a budget of approximate 37k then i will be glad :razz:, otherwise please help me choose among these 2.

DexterMandark

Right off the assembly line
I will say buy Nexus 5. I have used it for one month and then replaced with note 3. If you want big screens then upgrade from note 2 to note 3.

SunE

Professional Newbie
If Pure Android and latest updates concern you then go for the Nexus 5(I personally have one). If all these doesn't concern you then go for G2.

OP
D

DOST_FRIEND59

Broken In
I will say buy Nexus 5. I have used it for one month and then replaced with note 3. If you want big screens then upgrade from note 2 to note 3.

I am not buying Note 3 Indian Version as it is supposed to be shitty.

If Pure Android and latest updates concern you then go for the Nexus 5(I personally have one). If all these doesn't concern you then go for G2.

I want performance rather than pure android experience.
If you have the money, go for G2 then.

Money i not a problem as when i am ready to spend 34k then 37k won't be much of a problem.

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
LG has a bad reputation with updates. But the camera and the speaker is better on G2. Apart from that N5 is an awesome performer. I got one myself and I came from Note2 myself. :)

Did you check out xperia z1?

Z1 is a big phone......
G2 is better than N5. It has better camera & battery life. I'm a Nexus user, my advise get N5 only if your budget is restricted. If I personally had 32k, I would buy S4 instead of N5(personal opinion). You have 37k, so just get G2 32GB......
Everyone would like a good battery life from smartphone. So get G2, otherwise you'll regret afterwards.

I'm not regretting my purchase because when I bought N4, it was the best option for 25k(even S3 was 27k & my budget was 25k)

RohanM

Cyborg Agent
G2 aal the way... If u are a geek & wants to flash stuff all day, then only go for N5.. I am N4 user, trust me stock android is boring.. go for G2..

G2's screen is so much better than N5.. my 2 ofc friends has these phones, I have compared them both.. G2 is awesome..

samudragupta

Youngling
+1 to G2...nexus 5's battery sucks and since your coming from a note 2 you will get frustrated if the battery doesnt last even for a day...

ashs1

Padawan
N5 for Quick updates & if you like stock Android experience & for extremely good dev. support.
Apart from that, i think G2 would be better in all other aspects. :)
( For everything else, there's G2 :p )

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
+1 to G2...nexus 5's battery sucks and since your coming from a note 2 you will get frustrated if the battery doesnt last even for a day...

Disagree as I am happy with 15-18 hrs of backup by N5 and i was a Note II user myself. But If the op doesnt have an option to charge the mobile even after 15 continuos hours of moderate usage (for calls and games), its better not to go for N5

tkin

Back to school!!
Depends on the budget, Nexus 5 has 2" smaller screen, and does not come with headphones or a quick cover screen, which costs around 2-3k, the headphones provided with G2 are very good, easily worth 1k, so 32GB N5 is 33k in flipkart, add the price of quick cover and headphones, it comes to 36k, for 5k extra you can get 2" bigger screen, a better camera and a quick cover, not to mention the bigger battery, JB for G2 will launch in a month or so, I bought the G2 within a week of launch and its worth every rupee, the camera itself justifies the price tag, the night shots are as good if not better than sub 10k point and shoots. If you can spend 41k get the G2 eyes closed.

achyutaghosh

Journeyman
+ 1 to G2. One of the best smartphones in India i think. FYI 32 GB is available for 36k odd in online stores, and 16 GB for 34k
You can consider the Xperia Z1 too- expandable memory, same innards as the G2 selling for 33k online. The screen is not as good as the G2 but all that glass and metal build does look nice.

samudragupta

Youngling
Disagree as I am happy with 15-18 hrs of backup by N5 and i was a Note II user myself. But If the op doesnt have an option to charge the mobile even after 15 continuos hours of moderate usage (for calls and games), its better not to go for N5
really!!! thats surprising...because as per gsmarena battery test, the phone's battery depletes in a measly 4.3hrs while browsing... i mean if i browse for around an hour or so along with some fb and whats app, the battery shouldnt last more that 8hrs... this was one main reason stopping me from buying this beauty, especially the new red one...its delicious.... :)

rakesh_ic

Cyborg Agent
really!!! thats surprising...because as per gsmarena battery test, the phone's battery depletes in a measly 4.3hrs while browsing... i mean if i browse for around an hour or so along with some fb and whats app, the battery shouldnt last more that 8hrs... this was one main reason stopping me from buying this beauty, especially the new red one...its delicious.... :)

I have my screenshots of the battery index which I have taken for someone who wanted to know the first hand experience before he purchased for himself. :) I cna share it once I reach home today if u want.

Top Bottom