LG DVD GSA-H55N Burning Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rose tamang

Broken In
Any one there! LG HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N Burning Problem!!
Hi, Guys,
I've a LG HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N optical drive called "Super Multi" Brand
Is there anyone out there to help me with my DVD writer. Not burning dvds since I bought on 01 Jan 2008.
The Pros:
1. It reads few digit DVDs.
2. It reads well all sorts of CDs.
3.It burns CDs well.
4. Bios displays the drive as a DVD Writer Drive
5. DMA mode is on.
The Cons:
1. Most of the Digit DVDs (I mean the Digit 2008 DVDs) cannot be read.
2. I use Nero Express Edition 7.0 to write DVDs but the drive doesn't detect blank DVD, inserted before hand and ejects the drive tray apealing for the blank DVD disk to be inserted.
My system configuration:
1. 3.06 GHz Celeron Processor (pinless)
2. 945 Gigabyte GCCP Motherboard
3. 512 MB DDR 2 RAM
4. SATA HDD 80 GB
5. Windows XP SP 3
6. LG DVD Writer
7. LG combo drive

Last edited by a moderator:

hell_storm2006

Ambassador of Buzz
Re: Any one there! LG HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GSA-H55N Burning Problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man watch your Thread subject! all that is not necessary!

Well seems to me your DVD lens in dead! Try cleaning the lens and check if it helps. Plus 1.5 years for a modern day DVD drive is OK! In recent times Optical drives have dropped in reliability considerably! They don't make'em like they used to!

OP
R

rose tamang

Broken In
Hi,

Friend,

You've not noticed in my post that the DVD writes CDs well. I've problem with writing DVDs only. If it would be the matter of lens, then it wouldn't have burned CDs.

The drive reads most of the DVDs but simply have problem with some of the digit DVDs.

I'd like to add more about my DVD writer that it's Super Multi, Secure Disk brand.
Manufactured by a company in S Korea.

VarDOS

15.0 GHz
I too was facin this problem wid my Sony DRU-170C Drive but i re-flashed the frimware and the drive is OK, i mean it burns all kinda DVD's. But I still doesn't read all DVD's it reads only Digit DL DVD's...so for solution to that I Installed Windows 7 in which It reads all DVD's and CD's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom