Let's Race! All Trackmania Nations Racers join here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
Kiran dude:D, i tried the online mode, you know what i experienced- the Worst Slide Show:D:D:D

one moment i was at start line, the next i was already hittin the 1st Corner (the inbetween scene was missin lool:D), by the time i reached 4th corner, the race finished lool:D

maybe its coz of high ping rate:-|

T

thunderbird.117

s18000rpm said:
Kiran dude:D, i tried the online mode, you know what i experienced- the Worst Slide Show:D:D:D

one moment i was at start line, the next i was already hittin the 1st Corner (the inbetween scene was missin lool:D), by the time i reached 4th corner, the race finished lool:D

Hahaa . That was funny.

I had a terrible experience when it come to online. I brought Unreal Tournament 2003 and when i started to play it online and my fun lasted on 3 min and my connection was closed due to lag and naturally ping times. That was the last time i played online game.

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
s18000rpm said:

lol! :-D I am able to comfortably play online. Sometimes I end up with "Match Interrupted..". Did you configure firewall settings for Trackmania Nations? If not, do it and try again...:)

OP
Kiran.dks

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
s18000rpm said:
ya Trackmania has all permissions:D to access net:)

i guess its the "Ping" thing.

Try other server dude.....

Now I am going for a race....see if anybody can join me...
...main server: .....Beginners....
My ID is Kiran tech mania :)

Last edited:

forever

filth is me
Kiran_tech_mania said:
Are there no more players of this game?

seems like uve picked this one up recently , anyway i was an avid trackmania nations player for about 1 1/2 months, i played it last year in june -july and i managed to climb to all india rank 5 :) at the end but i quit the game because college had started and i culd'nt devote any more time. i played with the nick
PappU, HR is the clan - hellracers. playing on german servers was damn great fun, me and some of my clan members - superdoc, smokey,quad were damn good guys to hang out with online, we used to ftw play for like 10 hours a day sometimes lol, i still remember we used to play on this german server jamlan.de arfanger something cause it was heavily crowded with good players so if u wanted to move up the ladder u culd do that easily by managing to beat them and getting hefty points :D , now none of those players ive mentioned play anymore, theres also this guy JAY i used to play with who used to host his own server , when i left playing he was rank 1 in india and under 1000 in the world :p, anyway it was quite a bit of rush playing against so many players , my favorite servers were from netherland but for points german servers were the best, im waitng for trackmania united , next in the trackmania franchise , i have no clue its been released or what , i think when its out the HR clan will be back :D atleast thats what doc said to me , hes the founder of the clan, bye for now :)

P.S - ping doesn't create much problems in a game like trackmania s18000rpm, because the clock that records ur time is ur own comp. clock placed at ur end and not the server so no hassles , the only problem it creates is that u start late because of the lag. it must be the track , some graphic intesive tracks with lots of rollers and girders are known to cause problems on low end pcs , stay away from those tracks but its one of the most easy on ur pc games ull ever see, doesnt require much bandwidth either :)

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
^^the lag is my problem:D

today too in some races i had random Lag:x, & having so many cars at a time is like hell:D, today a guy with Ferrari F40 mod was racing, we started Off at same time for me it was like i was driving that Ferrari:D looool, that guy was also follwoing my racing line, but thanks to "LAG" i ran straight into a Pillar:D lool

i need LOTsa practice in this game:D

i wud love to race some more Serious Simulation Racing games - thats my turf:D

btw how do we chat in the game, i didnt read the onscreen help:oops:

i read Kiran's msg's but didnt know how to reply lool

btw Kiran dude, you need to change your user ID to Kiran_Track_Mania:D,

here's some screenies i took

Kiran @ 21st place & me in 29th
*img169.imageshack.us/img169/2240/screenshot03ow7.th.jpg

Me in 25th & kiran dude in 34th
*img409.imageshack.us/img409/8932/screenshot05sb7.th.jpg

Kiran 25th & i 26th - just 0.03th of a second behind
*img409.imageshack.us/img409/7374/screenshot08qk1.th.jpg

Me in 25th, kiran 28th
*img139.imageshack.us/img139/2675/screenshot06ue2.th.jpg

Me 25th & Kiran 28th

btw Vimal you too try dude, its kinda fun:p

doesnt this game save more than 10 screentshots???, i had taken 30+ screenies [F10], but found only 10 in Game Folder

forever

filth is me
^ ur not lagging pal , u are spiking and losing packets it seems, im not sure but when i used to play there were very few times when this used to happen , but most of the servers worked like feather , try other servers , if this is the case on all servers then ur isp must be playing foul i guess, yeh this game is all about practise and giving time ,basically this is a 'track' game , a noob who knows the track very well might beat a very good player who doesn't know it too well , so i guess u shuld stick with the servers u play on for a while so that u get well familiarized with the tracks and can own on them some day :), as for ranks in a race make sure u beat players above in the ladder or you wont get any points by beating players below you, i recommend u jamlan- the german server , it hosts all of tmn's native maps so the tracks aren't that bit difficult , afaicr 'c' used to pull down the console , and regarding the game make sure u keep on emptying the cache folder periodically as it'l store all the junk , avatars and crap of players u meet online , later :D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@s18000rpm, hey buddy what connection you are on , and what ISP? If its dataone i have a tip which slashes ping rates to half.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
but the cache size in game folder is jus 653KB, can that too slow @ some stage?:confused:

@tarey, yes, its the UL900 of dataone, dude help me, the ping sh1t:D bothers me in GTA SA-MP too:x

T

thunderbird.117

tarey_g said:
@s18000rpm, hey buddy what connection you are on , and what ISP? If its dataone i have a tip which slashes ping rates to half.

/me wonders

forever

filth is me
s18000rpm said:
but the cache size in game folder is jus 653KB, can that too slow @ some stage?:confused:

thats not the problem , deleteing the cache is a good practise is all what im trying to say, as far ur ping things is concerned im totally clueless, maybe it has something to do with the isp or perhaps its best if u turn off the firwewall and av services while playing.

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ No need to wonder , just a modem setting which reduces the first hop to the gateway to half the time (I apologise, I didn’t mention by half I meant the first hop to the local dataone gateway).

Trace route to find the details abt the hops made to reach a destination.
Code:
C:\DOCUME~1\GAURAV>tracert www.google.com

Tracing route to www.l.google.com [72.14.235.99]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

[B][U]1    25 ms    24 ms    25 ms  59.95.160.1[/U][/B]
  2    72 ms    77 ms    72 ms  218.248.249.85
  3    72 ms    72 ms    73 ms  218.248.249.9
  4    84 ms    82 ms    82 ms  218.248.255.1
  5    71 ms    72 ms    71 ms  218.248.255.2
  6    81 ms    80 ms    81 ms  125.16.156.25
  7    83 ms    83 ms    83 ms  202.56.223.73

I was getting very bad pings on the first hop to my bsnl gateway, i did the following things and the results were amazing. This is what i did :

Access your modem control panel by putting 192.168.1.1 in your browser. Chk the firmware version provided on the first page(summary section). I have a Smartx MT880 modem which had really old firmware, I was getting 90ms in the first hop(really bad) .So the first thing i did is to upgrade the firmware to the newest version V200R001C01B021SP03. This reduced the ping in the first hop to 55ms approx.
Now if you have an older version of firmware in your modem than i strongly recommend to update it. New dataone modems already have newest version of firmware.

Now second thing to do is expand the 'Advanced' section and click on the 'ADSL Settings' option .You will see these options.
*img95.imageshack.us/img95/6492/adslvy3.jpg

Now the ADSL modulation is the setting which makes the difference. The ADSL2+ is the default setting. The pings (for my Dataone gateway) i got for each ADSL modulation settings are as follows :

On ADSL2+ and ADSL2 44-52 ms
On T1.413 and G.DMT 48-64 ms
On Glite 25-30 ms
Multimode is G.DMT

Result suggests that Glite provides the least ping. In my case i was initially on 90ms now the ping is 24-30ms approx which is a big change . Even if you have the new firmware already you will get benefited by the Glite modulation setting. After updating the firmware i was getting 44-52ms , after i did Glite it slashed to approx half ie. 24-30ms .
One thing i noticed that on ADSL2+ setting i get max speed of 230KBps on my connection and on Glite its reduced by little to 215KBps. But when i had the 32KBps(256Kbps) connection the speed loss was not even noticeable.

I keep my modem's modulation setting on Glite usually 15KBps loss out of 230KBps is not much , even if it matters you can always switch modes wrt to your gaming and downloading sessions . Do this , test and post the results here.

I hope this helps. :)

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ Access your modem settings and chk for the modulation options. See if you get similar options there .

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i have Huawei SmartAX MT880, with Firmware Version V200R001C01B021SP01 (Apr 21 2005), where from you got the firmware???

& the ADSL Settings is missing (coz of firmware maybe).

btw @Tarey can you upload that firmware.

Last edited:

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@vimal , thats good :D . Also chk is there is a new firmware release for your modem.
@s1800rpm, yes the ADSL settings are missing because of the old firmware . Pls do a ping test on your local gateway before you upgrade the firmware , so that comparison can be made :) . Tell me your mail id so i can mail the new firmware to you, i have that firmware in my mailbox ,so it will be easy for me to forward it to you then uploading somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom