Leopard priced at $129

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
ambandla said:
And say welcome to Vista's numerous bugs, driver issues, incompatible softwares blah blah blah.
what driver issues, what incompatible softwares :? i havent faced any issue may be these mac boys try to run their mac applications on vista and then say software compatibility nahi hai :D

nagarjun_424

Journeyman
my next purchase is a macbook pro 15"... cant w8 2 get my hands on it! boo windows! im ditchin u! sry bill! :p i was waiting for leopard all these days... will it release in india by october?

sandeepk

Journeyman
$129. That is a very good price compared to very costly Windows Vista!!! Also only one version to include all the functionality for a consumer is also the thing that MS should take into consideration while launching their new OS next time.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
sandeep ji i think forgot the price of the mac book or the mac ;) add that also please :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Windows is over prices, yes. But most people consider only the Ultimate edition for Vista, when Home premium is all they need for $300.

& For $ 300 they get full MCE Suite, Best file browser in the world, one of the best media player in the world, plethora of technologies & suparb hardware & 3rd party support. An OS that you will use for next many years

goobimama

 Macboy
Hardware maybe but support? I dont think so.

I recently got a Core 2 Duo for the office. Busted during the lightstorm. Gave it for repairs. Took fifteen days. Came back its still not working. That's what support you get for crappy hardware. With apple, if they have to take that long, they provide you with a standby piece. And it always comes back working...

And we are sure that Vista is going to be used for many years to come....MS isn't that capable of releasing a new OS for at least another 7 years...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
gx_saurav said:
nah, if he already has a computer then it will run vista just fine.
Yup, it runs fine on your "existing" computer. What about a new buyer?

gx_saurav said:
To run Mac OS X Leopard you need to buy a new Apple Computer.
nah, if he already has a Mac then it will run Leopard just fine.

:lol:

You just cannot factor in the cost of the hardware to help your stupid argument when we are discussing the price of the operating system.

amanbandla said:
I can get a mac mini shipped with leopard for 35k or make it 40k.
Why even assume that? It costs thirty five thousand bucks and not a paisa more. :)

iMav said:
what driver issues, what incompatible softwares :? i havent faced any issue may be these mac boys try to run their mac applications on vista and then say software compatibility nahi hai :D
Here's a lesson for fellow forum members, too much association with gx_saurav turns you into a liar too. Wasn't it you who was getting BSoDs on using instant messaging programs? We, human beings, call that incompatibility. :D

iMav said:
may be these mac boys try to run their mac applications on vista
Oh, rest assured no one does that because it is not possible. The reverse, however, is possible. :D

nagarjun_424 said:
my next purchase is a macbook pro 15"... cant w8 2 get my hands on it! boo windows! im ditchin u! sry bill! :p i was waiting for leopard all these days... will it release in india by october?
November. :)

Last edited:
OP
A

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
gx_saurav said:
Windows is over prices, yes. But most people consider only the Ultimate edition for Vista, when Home premium is all they need for $300.

& For $ 300 they get full MCE Suite, Best file browser in the world, one of the best media player in the world, plethora of technologies & suparb hardware & 3rd party support.

How good is a MCE suite if I have to struggle configuring a TV card to MCE. What about starters?

Only things that I see good in Vista are Media player and IE7, which I can install on XP too. Rest is bull****

Superb hardware and 3rd party support???

In one of the old posts regarding tv tuners, you said that pinnacle Mediacentre does not work with Vista. There are countless such applications and you say superb?

gx_saurav said:
An OS that you will use for next many years

Well, correct statement should be "An OS that you SHOULD use for next many years.

eg: Halo 2 PC edition runs only on Vista. huh. what is this? Microsoft forcing end users to move to Vista. huh.

aryayush said:
Why even assume that? It costs thirty five thousand bucks and not a paisa more. :)

hehe. Assuming apple will cut down the dual core version to 40k :)
That means a core solo mini for 35k and coreduo mini for 40k

Last edited:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
ambandla said:
eg: Halo 2 PC edition runs only on Vista. huh. what is this? Microsoft forcing end users to move to Vista. huh.
Yeah, that sucks. They think Vista might sell like XBOX :p Not long before a patch for XP comes in .. Got scene info running hot on being quick to do that :twisted:

i_am_crack

HAF 922 Owner
I like my PC running MAc OS......awesome...I Think $129 Pretty affordable..Atleast reduceses Piracy

My 2 cents

eBRo

sandeepk

Journeyman
iMav said:
sandeep ji i think forgot the price of the mac book or the mac ;) add that also please :)

Yes, that should be considered but only if you don't have any Mac already. $129 is very justified for only OS. Obviously H/W cost is going to be more than that of a OS. Do you consider Windows Vista Ultimate Full for $359.00 is justified? Add to that the cost of H/W atleast Rs. 20,000-22,000 ie. roughly $500 to run Vista with minimum functionality. So the total cost of system is nearly $860. This is ridiculous.:mad:

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
sandeepk said:
Yes, that should be considered but only if you don't have any Mac already. $129 is very justified for only OS. Obviously H/W cost is going to be more than that of a OS. Do you consider Windows Vista Ultimate Full for $359.00 is justified? Add to that the cost of H/W atleast Rs. 20,000-22,000 ie. roughly $500 to run Vista with minimum functionality. So the total cost of system is nearly $860. This is ridiculous.:mad:

Vista Ultimate Full is not 359$. Sells for around 200$. Dunno abut India but i got it from US :)

mohit

The Hardware Labs
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
Vista Ultimate Full is not 359$. Sells for around 200$. Dunno abut India but i got it from US :)

Dunno how you got it for 200$, it still sells for 350$ in the USA.

*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116140

OP
A

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:

Did you get Vista Home premium?

Vista Ultimate that has everything is available for $350 - $399

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
mohit said:
Dunno how you got it for 200$, it still sells for 350$ in the USA.

*www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116140

My cousin bro works for Microsoft. He gifted me :)

But i see it is available on Ebay International for that price

OP
A

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
sukhdeepsinghkohli said:
My cousin bro works for Microsoft. He gifted me :)

But i see it is available on Ebay International for that price

I think that ebay seller is trying to get rid of it.

seriously, I would not trust such sellers on ebay. Just check how much reputation that seller has.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
Here's a lesson for fellow forum members, too much association with gx_saurav turns you into a liar too. Wasn't it you who was getting BSoDs on using instant messaging programs? We, human beings, call that incompatibility. :D

My God...you are such an ignorant macboy. Ever tried running those apps in compatibility mode?
How good is a MCE suite if I have to struggle configuring a TV card to MCE. What about starters?

Lolz...you have never configured MCE, Have you? Just install the Pinnacle PCTV Update which makes it compatible with Vista MCE & start using it man. i don't know why it seems so hard to you. If you buy a hardware based TV Tuner then MCE automatically configures it cos most of the hardware tuners are already profiled in MCE. Besied you get MCE with OEM computers which are already configured.

In one of the old posts regarding tv tuners, you said that pinnacle Mediacentre does not work with Vista. There are countless such applications and you say superb?

Is it Vista's fault that developer decide not to release Vista compatible products for there old offerings, so that people buy the new once. Is it Vista'a fault that nVidia is no longer supporting GeForce FX after 4 years of it's release in Vista.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
ambandla said:
hehe. Assuming apple will cut down the dual core version to 40k :)
That means a core solo mini for 35k and coreduo mini for 40k
You've got it backwards, buddy. There is no core solo Mac in the market, none at all. The lowest configured Mac Mini also has a Core Duo processor and it retails for Rs. 34,999 including taxes. :)

goobimama

 Macboy
^^ But still, as of now the Mac mini is not worth it unless they upgrade it to C2D, which I think they will soon.... hope they don't discontinue it or something though.

led_shankar

In Shamful Mystery
gx_saurav said:
Is it Vista's fault that developer decide not to release Vista compatible products for there old offerings, so that people buy the new once. Is it Vista'a fault that nVidia is no longer supporting GeForce FX after 4 years of it's release in Vista.

Strange. We linux losers whine about the same when it comes to ATI drivers/popular software not being available there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom