Lenovo Z510 Users Thread

Nbartakke

Broken In
I recently bought Z510 i7 Version. I want to uninstall preinstalled apps but don't know which are necessary & which are unnecessary. So please tell which applications are unnecessary & also tell me how to backup them for future use.

$hadow

Geek in making
I recently bought Z510 i7 Version. I want to uninstall preinstalled apps but don't know which are necessary & which are unnecessary. So please tell which applications are unnecessary & also tell me how to backup them for future use.

How could anyone tell you what is necessary and what is unnecessary. Try to use those software and than see whether you want them or not. If you like them just stick to them and of not than uninstall them.

pragishmadridista

Right off the assembly line
HI Z510 users,
I bought this laptop back in January i5/ nvidia 1gb graphics variant. My touch pad freezes sometimes. The pointer doesnot not move for about 30 sec to a minute. This is really annoying. Any help guys? Do you experience the same?

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
HI Z510 users,
I bought this laptop back in January i5/ nvidia 1gb graphics variant. My touch pad freezes sometimes. The pointer doesnot not move for about 30 sec to a minute. This is really annoying. Any help guys? Do you experience the same?

Yeah sometimes I experience it too. Try updating the Synaptics driver

blackj

I am looking to buy a new laptop and was recommended the z510 by a member of this forum.
My choices were between the z510 and this model of the dell inspiron

Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Rs.49490 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Black Online - Dell: Flipkart.com

Although i'd have to stretch my budget a bit for the z510 I wouldn't mind it if it was worth it.
Seeing as this is a thread for the z510 owners i'd like to get a little feedback about the product particularly in regards to it's build quality ( sturdiness, quality of materials used - quite a few laptops use cheap plastic and flex when used, durability of mechanical parts such as hinges, or any other annoyances that you may have noticed during it's use ).

Also is it worthwhile to purchase extended warranty ( mainly related to what sort of damages are covered in the standard / extended warranty - if you might have had such an experience with a previous lenovo product and the quality of after sales service you got ).

And lastly I've seen that lenovo now provides 1 year of Accidental Damage Protection on their laptops.
Is it possible for me to purchase additional years of ADP cover?
If not will the standard warranty be enough to cover me?

Please note that while I don't intend to wrestle with my laptop or drop it or mishandle it in any kind of way, I do intend travel a lot with it hence I want something that is sturdy enough to withstand a few bumps.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I am looking to buy a new laptop and was recommended the z510 by a member of this forum.
My choices were between the z510 and this model of the dell inspiron

Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Rs.49490 Price in India - Buy Dell Inspiron 15 Laptop (4th Gen Ci5/ 6GB/ 1TB/ Win8/ 2GB Graph) Black Online - Dell: Flipkart.com

Although i'd have to stretch my budget a bit for the z510 I wouldn't mind it if it was worth it.
Seeing as this is a thread for the z510 owners i'd like to get a little feedback about the product particularly in regards to it's build quality ( sturdiness, quality of materials used - quite a few laptops use cheap plastic and flex when used, durability of mechanical parts such as hinges, or any other annoyances that you may have noticed during it's use ).

Also is it worthwhile to purchase extended warranty ( mainly related to what sort of damages are covered in the standard / extended warranty - if you might have had such an experience with a previous lenovo product and the quality of after sales service you got ).

And lastly I've seen that lenovo now provides 1 year of Accidental Damage Protection on their laptops.
Is it possible for me to purchase additional years of ADP cover?
If not will the standard warranty be enough to cover me?

Please note that while I don't intend to wrestle with my laptop or drop it or mishandle it in any kind of way, I do intend travel a lot with it hence I want something that is sturdy enough to withstand a few bumps.

LOL Lenovo Z510 is 4 times better than that Dell Laptop.

- - - Updated - - -

by better I mean powerful.

blackj

Thank you [MENTION=248727]seamon[/MENTION] and [MENTION=159164]$hadow[/MENTION] for clearing that up.
But I would like to ask a few more questions.

I know i'm not shopping in the premium price range and the build quality might be better than dell but how good is it?
( Seems like an irritating question, I know, but I just want to know some first hand opinions before I go out and buy it )

Also if any one can answer the questions related to warranties i'd really appreciate it.

Additionally after researching a bit about the product a lot of users complained that the battery had to be replaced after only a few cycles and also that the WIFI adapter is really faulty.

Lenovo - IdeaPad Z510 customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings

Only one user has complained about the WIFI but almost all of them have reported serious issues with the battery.
Have any of you experienced this?

Last edited:

a2mn2002

keen to learn..
1. Hows battery life ?
2. It is just 4 cell :| ?
3. Difference between 4 cell and 6 cell ???

Notebookcheck review is not very convincing ...

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
1. Battery life 3-4 hours
2. Only 4 cell
3. idk much4
[MENTION=286403]blackj[/MENTION] didnt encountered any of those issues.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Lenovo Ideapad Z510 (59-405848) Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB 8GB SSD/ Win8.1/ 1GB Graph) Rs.49490 Price in India - Buy Lenovo Ideapad Z510 (59-405848) Notebook (4th Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 1TB 8GB SSD/ Win8.1/ 1GB Graph) Dark Chocolate Online - Lenovo: Flip
do you guys own this model?

Top Bottom