Lenovo Ideapad Y500

avj

Broken In
Ok, According to your logic, Nokia used to be the best phone company in the past, so its still better than Samsung, HTC, Sony, Apple etc.?

P.S. I'm not fighting over how S03 is better, I know that on paper at least, Y500 looks better. But I'm trying to tell the OP to post some benchs which prove the difference. Not the same **** we already know about.

or I must say one thing, which we all can agree to, Y500 is for noobs, and if you are a advanced user, you should get Series 5. :p

And again Anupam, I'm not saying Y500 is inferior to Series 5, even though it has only a fraction of owners compared to the Series 5, but come on man, if you're saying its better , you gotta show where is it better? In what thing?

and oh the colors in that game, still look faded out.
You seem to be so desperate to defend your purchase..and y is that y500 is for noobs and series 5 is for advanced users??
look at the temps dude y500 is much better(and fyi i own a series 5) and you're temps are pure bullshit it pretty much shows u started monitoring after u stopped playing(by comparing max min and current temps)
plus that is a screen shot not a photo so the quality of the pic u see depends on the display u use...since ours is matte display colours aren't great.
don't make a fool out of yourself trying so desperately to defend your purchase by showing fake temps...just accept that y500 is better than series 5...but of course it is costlier

rider

as Kratos
Calm down, boys!! Accept the truth Y500 is a better laptop for today. S03 is also great but it was of its time. My laptop dv6 (HD 6770M 2GB DDR5) was use to the best at thing range and then dell inspiron turbo(HD 7730 2GB DDR3), series 5 (GT 650M 2GB DDR3) and now Y500 (GT 650M 2GB DDR5) succeeded. This is the world of tech where nothing is best forever. Be satisfy what you have. Keep Calm and Game On.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
or I must say one thing, which we all can agree to, Y500 is for noobs, and if you are a advanced user, you should get Series 5. :p

STOP this fanboism.

You have Samsung S03 and OP have Y500. Both are good in their own way and both of you have specific reasons for buying any of them.
Both of you should be happy with respective laptops that you guys own.

This is review thread, not a 'what's better than what' thread.

Last but not plase please don't start flaming all over again.

powerstarprince

In the zone
Le colors :

Y500
*fbcdn-sphotos-b-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/179291_608031659214350_1282144861_n.jpg

S03
*img5.imageshack.us/img5/2786/nfs132013022215231553.jpg

Temps , Lenovo Y500 after 45 mins :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/attachments/reviews/9093d1361511552-lenovo-ideapad-y500-hwmonitor.jpg

S03, after 2 hours :
*img20.imageshack.us/img20/2415/ashampoosnap2013022215h.png

That's because samsung monitor is better than lg monitor and about temps quad core should heat up more.. and since both are gaming category laptops it all depends on the processor being used. If the power watt of the processor is more or when turbo boost is enabled definitely temps will rise up. May be the game in y500 ran at full hd and turbo boost turned on while samsung is at hd+ .

tkin

Back to school!!
^ FYI GT 650m is weak for gaming on FHD
and remove all pics you just quoted :-x
Yeah, but the thing is, since its a 15" monitor you could just play the most demanding games at 1600x900, you won't feel a thing, just like how I play at 720p at my 768p screen, a high res screen is always welcome.

pratyush997

Inactive
Yeah, but the thing is, since its a 15" monitor you could just play the most demanding games at 1600x900, you won't feel a thing, just like how I play at 720p at my 768p screen, a high res screen is always welcome.
Yeah FHD is clear winner anyday but gaming FHD is kinda not cool

dude its been a month. when will be your touchpad be repaired. And after that do post some good benchmarks

You should grill these lenovo center guys to repair your laptop or they'll delay

KyleSforza

Banned
You seem to be so desperate to defend your purchase..and y is that y500 is for noobs and series 5 is for advanced users??
look at the temps dude y500 is much better(and fyi i own a series 5) and you're temps are pure bullshit it pretty much shows u started monitoring after u stopped playing(by comparing max min and current temps)
plus that is a screen shot not a photo so the quality of the pic u see depends on the display u use...since ours is matte display colours aren't great.
don't make a fool out of yourself trying so desperately to defend your purchase by showing fake temps...just accept that y500 is better than series 5...but of course it is costlier
Feel free to get on Teamviewer to check my temps yourself. ;)

and again, I never said Y500 is inferior(for those who don't understand the word, it means its no less) than Series 5. All I'm saying is the owner should atleast prove its better. Show us what's better about it. ;)

Compare his screenshots with mine, mine looks clearer, on any display.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
dude its been a month. when will be your touchpad be repaired. And after that do post some good benchmarks

You should grill these lenovo center guys to repair your laptop or they'll delay

Actually they told me to restore my system to initial state using OneKey recovery. Today I was going to do that(just to tell them that its not software problem) but I found that in that process my hard disk will be fully formatted & repartioned. Thats why I didn't do it. Now my next move will be sending an email to Lenovo support India & not calling the local guys.

Feel free to get on Teamviewer to check my temps yourself. ;)

and again, I never said Y500 is inferior(for those who don't understand the word, it means its no less) than Series 5. All I'm saying is the owner should atleast prove its better. Show us what's better about it. ;)

Compare his screenshots with mine, mine looks clearer, on any display.

There we go again, just install 3DMARK11 Basic Edition & run it. Post the results after its finished.
I hope you will not start comparing our phones.........:p

lenovo has done nothing in US and wont do anything in India.
synaptics is all rumour ( tried to find something but got nothing on Google. Just promises by lenovo guys and god knows what)
by the way has anyone tried to install drivers manually from elan website for the laptop.?? Do check...

sanemate

Broken In
As an outsider, the only statement that people are using to accuse OP of calling Samsung Series 5 inferior (note that he didnt call it inferior) is when he said "heating issues like Samsung Series 5 laptops".

Now, people whose posts can be seen here do agree that there had been throttling/heating issues with Series 5 S02 or maybe even S03. Having said that, the discussion went into display and graphics cards and touch pads and what not!

A simple comment "Yes, the issue was there. Maybe is there too in some. But they will replace the motherboard etc." would have been enough.

As for which laptop is better, well, that is pretty subjective and benchmarks run in two different places cant prove anything. To each his own.

Just agree to disagree people.

Just my two cents.

sanemate

Broken In
My 5.5 years old 8600m GT (yeah laugh it off people) died on me last week, had to get it repaired which delayed my purchase of Y500. Cant try OCing it :p

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thread cleaned up.

Synthetic benchmarks like 3d Mark are also silly really. WEI on the other hand is stupid. I really hope people stop using those to compare things, even in reviews or while arguing. Unigine Heaven is an okay synthetic benchmark if you really want to compare nVidia cards.

Top Bottom