Lenovo Ideapad Y500

pratyush997

Inactive
Thread cleaned up.

Synthetic benchmarks like 3d Mark are also silly really. WEI on the other hand is retarded. I really hope people stop using those to compare things, even in reviews or while arguing. Unigine Heaven is an okay synthetic benchmark if you really want to compare nVidia cards.
I used to think exactly opposite :shock: btw now thread looks incomplete ;|

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used to think exactly opposite :shock: btw now thread looks incomplete ;|
Companies can release "magic" drivers to improve/bloat scores in synthetic benchmarks while not increasing performance in games. Synthetic benchmarks never tell you the real world performance. Same is true for Unigine Heaven also. But you're likely to reproduce Heaven scores across multiple machines rather than 3d Mark. I've used my HD 6950 in a few machines. 3d Mark Vantage score has varied whereas Heaven FPS was always in line.

yea, thread looks incomplete. Only sensible posts remain.

hhh

Broken In
Hi Anupam/all y500 owners,

Its an amazing purchase.

I just came across a picture, can someone tell more about the cooling system in this lappy and what u understand by this picture.

CHK this URL: *www.lenovo.com/shop/WW/products/splitter/notebooks/ideapad/Y-Series/gallery/IdeaPad-Y500-Laptop-PC-Closeup-Removeable-Drive-9L-940x475.jpg

Thanks for replying in advance.

OP
omega44-xt

omega44-xt

Gear up ...
Hi Anupam/all y500 owners,

Its an amazing purchase.

I just came across a picture, can someone tell more about the cooling system in this lappy and what u understand by this picture.

CHK this URL: *www.lenovo.com/shop/WW/products/splitter/notebooks/ideapad/Y-Series/gallery/IdeaPad-Y500-Laptop-PC-Closeup-Removeable-Drive-9L-940x475.jpg

Thanks for replying in advance.

Cooling system is good. Max temp. achieved by my lappie is 74 C.
I think the pic shows additional fan for cooling(ultrabay stuff)

Thread cleaned up.

Synthetic benchmarks like 3d Mark are also silly really. WEI on the other hand is retarded. I really hope people stop using those to compare things, even in reviews or while arguing. Unigine Heaven is an okay synthetic benchmark if you really want to compare nVidia cards.

Thanks for cleaning the thread.........

Gtb93

In the zone
Did you try out any more games anupam_pb?
Also, if I'm correct your received your laptop back from cc, and still the touchpad issue looms?

Gtb93

In the zone
Well let's hope it works fine. The repaired thing is not giving you problems right? Cause if it does, you can shout your %3$ off at the service centre dweebs.

Gtb93

In the zone
I wouldn't accept that as a proper servicing done on their half. I suggest that you hammer them for doing the servicing with "kaam chala lo" attitude. Might get you a synaptics. :)

Top Bottom