Lenovo after sales support??

nivp4m

Right off the assembly line
Thinking to buy either Lenovo Z570 or Inspiron 15R in next 15-20 days.
The thing which is tempting me towards Z570 is its configuration which is available at around 42.5k. But is it really worthy to purchase as I have heard that after sales service is not that much good if compared with Dell...

Though on the other hand Dell Inspiron is pretty costly if compared with Z570 costly but I am aware of the service provided by dell customer support.

After considering the above two points which one will be the best and safe buy for me?

Need a laptop of following Config:
Core i5, 4gb RAM
HD in range of 500 to 700gb
1 gb graphics card is must.

aroraanant

Explorer
Both the laptops that you have mentioned are not good.
I suggest you to fill up this:Questionnaire for laptop/notebook purchase
so that we can suggest something good in your budget according to your requirements.

OP
N

nivp4m

Right off the assembly line
Both the laptops that you have mentioned are not good.
I suggest you to fill up this:Questionnaire for laptop/notebook purchase
so that we can suggest something good in your budget according to your requirements.

@aroranant: In what terms are you saying that both these laptops are not good?
Means is there any specific part of these laptop which are not good or are you talking in terms of performance?

1) What is your budget? (INR or USD)
Less than 44k

2) What size & weight consideration (if any) would you prefer?
Mainstream; 15" - 16" screen

3) Are there any brands that you prefer or any you really don't like?
a. Like: Dell
b. Dislike: No dislike as such

4) What are the primary tasks will you be performing with this notebook?
Must be able to run software like Visual studio, other than this little bit of gaming.

5) What screen resolution(s) & type (glossy/matte) would you prefer?
No preference for screen.

aroraanant

Explorer
Lenovo Service as well as their build quality is pathetic, only their thinkpads are good.
And there are better options than dell inspiron in market, otherwise its good.
Have a look at these:
Asus X53SC-SX492D
Samsung NP300E5Z-S08IN
Both of them are enough for your requirements and you can save a good amount of money by buying anyone among them.
And you can even have a look at Dell Vostro 3550

xpert007

Broken In
it is not good as one of my frnd owns z580 , very good model , but during installation of linux ,his recovery was deleted automatically now when we are calling the service center of the lenovo in our city , both 2 no. given onsite are told that they are wrong no. but sm hw we managed 2 find out the service center ., now the manager of nservice center told that he will charge rs 1000 + tax as it is software problem , he would have done it free of cost if it were a hardware problem.... now my frnd called the toll free no. , the guy took the address of my frnd and said within 2 days a servicemen will visit his place and solve the issue but till now no one had come and it is 10 days from nw..

Top Bottom