legal or illegal

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajeshjsl

AskRajesh
i want to know

cracks are legal or illegal . if its illegal than why don't the govt. ban on those hundreds of cracks providing sites

N

nipun_the_gr8

Cracks r illeagal but i don't know y doesn't the govt. ban those sites.........

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
i think Indian govt has not much need to ban those sites, while US govt is inclined to do so.. these sites r mostly hosted on russian or other foreign servers...

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
i dont use cracks , too many spywares and other trojans in them . but i do take my serials every morning ;)

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
*linuxshop.ru/linuxbegin/win-lin-soft-en/table.shtml

plus plenty of alternatives free apps on windows itself . all it needs is a little bit of patience to learn the new stuff but mostly settle for not-so-legal

*theopencd.sunsite.dk/

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
rajeshjsl said:
i want to know

cracks are legal or illegal . if its illegal than why don't the govt. ban on those hundreds of cracks providing sites

cracks are illegal
but govt cannot do anything cos the sites hosting those cracks are not in india or us
govt can only disallow any server in their own to host such files ..
nothing much can be done till .ws or .ru domains exist

nikhilesh

Journeyman
excuse me,but game cracks are legal.they r used to enhance gameplay and/or play without a CD so that it wont get spoilt.but ppl use it for piracy.that can't be helped.

but cracks that unlock softwares r illegal

[flAsh]

In the zone
no CRACK is LEGAL. but who cares it jst a small piece of code and that's why govt. cant ban them as they r banning piracy or warez sites.

atool

Journeyman
rajeshjsl said:
my question is why why why why why don't the govt.'s ban on them

they are banned in most countries...but country like say russia (where most crack sites are hosted) dont have severe law to tackle this...

nikhilesh

Journeyman
most crack sites r hosted from russia,where there r literally no net laws at all.and also india,where ppl like laloo prasad yadav r interested in milking their cows rather than banning stuff.

hitesh_hg

Journeyman
Well there is nothing legal or illegal about cracks...they are just a piece of code..
Ya but more often then not creating and using these cracks and patches is illegal...so there is nothing wrong in hoisting them...moreover many a pages contain a disclaimer like this
Code:
Disclaimer:

The creator of this page or the ISP(s) hosting any content on this site take no responsibility for the way you use the information provided on this site. These files and anything else on this site are here for private purposes only and should not be downloaded or viewed whatsoever! If you are affiliated with any government, or ANTI-Piracy group, MPAA, BSA, or any other related group or were formally a worker of one you cannot enter this web site, cannot access any of its files and you cannot view any of the HTML files. All the objects on this site are private property and are not meant for viewing or any other purposes other then bandwidth space. Do not enter whatsoever! If you enter this site you are not agreeing to these terms and you are violating code 431.322.12 of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton in 1995 and that means that you cannot + threaten our ISP(s) or any person(s) or company storing these files, cannot prosecute any person(s) affiliated with this page which includes family, friends or individuals who run or enter this web site. If you do not agree to these terms then you must leave now!

I would like to stress expressly that I did not have any influence on the organization and contents of the linked pages. Therefore I dissociate hereby expressly from all contents of all linked pages on these homepage and do make myself not appropriated. This assertion applies to all linked sites on my page!

So there is no point banning them...

Hope there is some light now..

Hitesh Gupta

tushar_novice

Broken In
Mah new Question:
There are so many pirated games shop in our country. Why don't govt. ban them?
Ans:
'coz govt. officails take bribe from them. (At least i think so).

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
oh come on the retail cd for win xp = Pocket - Rs 8000/-

Now tell me how many of u really have " bought " it for that much money ?

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

[Edited Batty]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom