A_ashish_A

Journeyman
hello mates :)
i want to modify my cabby interior with some RED led light/strip (not fans). plz guide which led light or strip should i get?? and most importantly from where can i easily purchase it online??

Bumbbbbbb

You can make your own. At my place, LED's are available at 5 for Rs.10. You can easily make you'r own. However the quality of pre-built will be much better. You can get led-strips from car shops. Just make sure that they run at 12V.

OP
A_ashish_A

A_ashish_A

Journeyman
You can make your own. At my place, LED's are available at 5 for Rs.10. You can easily make you'r own. However the quality of pre-built will be much better. You can get led-strips from car shops. Just make sure that they run at 12V.

ok...but how am i suppose to connect it with psu?

> The LED you will get will typically operate at 3V and a safe value of current for it is 20mA.

> From the molex port, you can get 5V and 12V.

> Connecting 4 LEDs of 3V will consume a total of 3*4=12V.

> In a nutshell, just connect 4 LEDs in series and power it with the molex port.

> Google it to get more detailed results.

sreeram180

Right off the assembly line
ok...but how am i suppose to connect it with psu?

A GUIDE for lighting urs PC
requirements:

12v DC led lighting strip( length and color depending on you)
4 pin molex connectors
some wires
soldering

producer:

• soldering two wire to LED strip .In this case i used RED wire as positive terminal and BLACK as negative terminal.
  • connected positive terminal to YELLOW(+12v) color wire in 4 pin MOLE X
  • connected NEGATIVE terminal to BLACK (gnd) color wire in 4 pin molex
  • connect the molex to PSU

*i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o704/sreeram180/Untitledss_zps69caf226.png
*i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o704/sreeram180/Untitled_zpsc308e54e.jpg

if want to connect more than one LED strip to single 4 pin molex connector .by using terminal block u can manage the multiple LED stripes .
actually i didn't try terminal block because its not available in my place.so its available in ebay

1 x 12 Position Terminal Block Strip 10A / 12V | eBay

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
hello mates :)
i want to modify my cabby interior with some RED led light/strip (not fans). plz guide which led light or strip should i get?? and most importantly from where can i easily purchase it online??

Bumbbbbbb

you can get some from
Theitdepot - Cabinet Modifications
or Primeabgb.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
DiY project is great but professionally made items deserves some good amount .. and that's we see LED fans ( and other items ) on the market and some of them costs less and others more. It all depends on the quality and brand value. I think harshilsharma63 will think the world is doomed again when he finds out the price of good quality Noctua fans or some quality mobos just as an example ;-)

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
@topgear its no secret that professionally made thing will exceed the quality of a DIY product, but its the satisfaction of making something by your own hand and then seeing it work along side other things.

Top Bottom