Learning Overclocking 8400GS

rohit0571

Journeyman
I am using 8400GS on my PC which has AMD Quad 635 with Gig 785G mobo which has been overclocked to 3.3 ghz stable and is used in normal operation.

As I am using 8400GS, I thought to give it a try to learn overclocking the G.Card.

I used Precise and the result is given in below screenshot.

gpu overclocking.jpgOverclock.jpg

Pls tell if this OC is OK and what can be done to maintain it and how to test this OC?

> Increment the core clock, memory and shader in increments of; say; 20 MHz initially and gradually reduce it to 5 MHz.

> After every few increments, run some graphic intensive game for ~15 mins. and closely monitor the temperatures.

> If the temps start increasing or random objects start appearing on the screen, decrease the clock to last stable overclock.

> Iterate till you achieve the maximum stable overclock.

OP
R

rohit0571

Journeyman
> Increment the core clock, memory and shader in increments of; say; 20 MHz initially and gradually reduce it to 5 MHz.

> After every few increments, run some graphic intensive game for ~15 mins. and closely monitor the temperatures.

> If the temps start increasing or random objects start appearing on the screen, decrease the clock to last stable overclock.

> Iterate till you achieve the maximum stable overclock.

Thanks for the info.

Top Bottom