Learn a new language V1: Bonjour Monsieur !

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
A thread for those who are keen to learn new languages.

For starters, Memrise and Duolingo are good sites:
Learning, made joyful - Memrise
Duolingo: Learn Languages

I have started basic German and French.

Enrollment:
Faun ( Duolingo, Memrise ) - German and French (Beginners)

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
thanks! i was hoping to learn some since a long time.

- - - Updated - - -

have you enrolled at both? if not, which one would you recommend out of the two?

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
have you enrolled at both? if not, which one would you recommend out of the two?

Enrolled at both. Yet to figure out which one is better. Both are pretty good and similar in execution. I should have started earlier but it's not too late :v:

Download android apps too and play sessions at your leisure. Keep a goal oriented approach. Track your progress. Post here. That's how we learn things.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
Enrolled at both. Yet to figure out which one is better. Both are pretty good and similar in execution. I should have started earlier but it's not too late :v:

Download android apps too and play sessions at your leisure. Keep a goal oriented approach. Track your progress. Post here. That's how we learn things.

yes; interaction would help learn better.

- - - Updated - - -

both sites look good; duolingo seems to be fun (i started with German, casual for now). memrise is like a mine of courses, apart from languages. should be interesting & helpful. thanks to [MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION] again for sharing the links!

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I started learning German on Duolingo, but then my phone got busted. Haven't finished.

Looks like its time to start again.

icebags

Technomancer
Yes me too started on German on duolingo but after certain time it gets boring :(

if u like those rock metal songs, u may start memorizing a few songs of rammstein, helps a lot.

dont try to understand, just memorize, when its done, learn basic grammar & search meaning @ EUdict | European dictionary or somewhere else.

if u memorize 10 songs, u should get pretty good beginner knowledge, guaranteed ! :)

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
if u like those rock metal songs, u may start memorizing a few songs of rammstein, helps a lot.

dont try to understand, just memorize, when its done, learn basic grammar & search meaning @ EUdict | European dictionary or somewhere else.

if u memorize 10 songs, u should get pretty good beginner knowledge, guaranteed ! :)

I think that's where he drew his inspiration from. Rammstein !

- - - Updated - - -

similar thing here! was on the verge of completing a series of challenges, when the net went down.

You got to revise it again. Few interruptions shouldn't fade out your interest.

GhorMaanas

The Vagrant Seeker
I think that's where he drew his inspiration from. Rammstein !

- - - Updated - - -

You got to revise it again. Few interruptions shouldn't fade out your interest.
no no, certainly not. such petty things can pose no hindrance.

BTW, 'rammstein' & 'in extremo' were behind kindling of interest in me as well (though i dont listen to them anymore; or very rarely, if at anytime). :)

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
For me it was Rammstein. I used to look up translations of some of their songs and that's how I learned some words.

Rammstein....ein mensch brennt.

Last edited:

nac

Aspiring Novelist
I have been thinking about learning Hindi for a while now. But finding a language partner is like impossible. It never strike me before to search digit if there is any thread where digitians discuss about learning languages. Happy to find couple of threads, but both the threads are not active. I am bumping this one to see if anyone is pursuing their language learning goals.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I have been thinking about learning Hindi for a while now. But finding a language partner is like impossible. It never strike me before to search digit if there is any thread where digitians discuss about learning languages. Happy to find couple of threads, but both the threads are not active. I am bumping this one to see if anyone is pursuing their language learning goals.

It helps if you have a native language friend with you. Learning is effective that way.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
started spanish lessons on memrise
All the best...

I checked those two sites and found that they don't offer Hindi. I have tried more than dozen other sites to find language partner with not much of a success.

Top Bottom