Status
Not open for further replies.

boom2709

Tich tor ang tesmur
I need help choosing the right LCD TV for myself..
All i have decided so far is that i need a screen size between 40"-46"

As for the Brand and Model, i need your help. I have gone through endless brochures read all those wacky technical specs without understanding a word.

If i go with the basic notion of - The Costliest=The Best .. i'll end up with a Sony but I wanna know if its worth spending almost twice what i'd pay for a Samsung/LG.

eg. theres a 80G and 120G model of sony and the only difference b/w them is, one has a contrast ratio 1600:01:00 and the other has 1600:1, 8000:1 Dynamic

Now i dont even know what that means .. or what difference does it make.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
don't look at the dynamic figures, they are false representations. contrast ration, in simple words, means the difference in contrast between the whitest and the blackest pixels. the higher this difference, the better is the visibility in lighted conditions.
As far as the market feedback is concerned, both lg and samsung are good. the price difference is because of the fact that the lg and samsung models you have seen are most probably HD ready ones, i.e. a resolution of 1366x768 (or something very close) whereas sony's bravia is full HD i.e a resolution of 1920x1080. If you are spending big bucks, then make sure you get full HD TV. HD content will be here anytime soon. Samsung mosel is one model you can look at.
or have a look at this: LG-42LG70YR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom