Lcd t.v for 20k.

amruth kiran

I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them
first of all which is the best LCD TV under or for 20k? i am looking for 32 inches. and also what is the difference between - FULL HD and HD READY??
which one should i look for in a tv to play in HIGH QUALITY CONTENT from a NON HD setup box??

Minion

Conversation Architect
Go for Toshiba LCDs they will be available around your budget picture quality is good too.

See this link
Flipkart: Toshiba 32 Inches HD LCD 32HV10ZE Television: Television

OR

If you can increase your budget by 2k
then this
Flipkart: Philips 32 Inches HD LCD 32PFL5306 Television: Television

aroraanant

Explorer
If you want a good LCD specially from Samsung then it will cost you above 25k and under or around 30k depending on the model you buy

siniranji

Right off the assembly line
HD Ready = 720p
Full HD = 1080p

All DTH operators are airing HD channels and the number of HD channels are going to rise, so it is better to go for Full HD TV rather than going for HD ready TV. Please try to understand, even after buying Full HD television, if you are not subscribing to HD cable operator then your viewing experience remains back to square one. If you are having HD ready TV with HD DTH service then your TV will downscale everything to 720p and then no pleasure. So it is better to go for Full HD television. These days Full HD is the defacto standard, go for it. I think you should know the difference between TN nematic and IPS panels then i think you will be able to choose the best one. Take your own time in choosing the best one.

OP
amruth kiran

amruth kiran

HD Ready = 720p
Full HD = 1080p

If you are having HD ready TV with HD DTH service then your TV will downscale everything to 720p and then no pleasure

if i buy the FULL HD tv will i have the same experience without the HD READY setup box? cause i dont have a HD setup box.

Minion

Conversation Architect
Nope,
it depends on source signal if source is HD then you will enjoy HD but to some extent it is possible some LCD comes with upscaling chip which can convert non HD to HD.

One such T.V is Philips 32 Inches Full HD LCD 32PFL6506 Television this is full HD and can convert non HD to HD.

See this
Flipkart: Philips 32 Inches Full HD LCD 32PFL6506 Television: Television

Revolution

Wise Old Owl
AFAIK,there is no real HD(1920x1080) channel available currently in India.
So,even HD Ready TV(720P or 1366X768) is sufficient for today's HD channels in India.....

OP
amruth kiran

amruth kiran

@minion- thanks for the info! my dad seems to like that one . are there any other such tv's? maybe at 22k approx?

and also guys is't there some formula to calculate the size of the tv to buy ,based on the distance we watch from?? anyone know that?

aroraanant

Explorer
Yes there is....But one can just do that on his own seeing the size of the room where one wants to place the tv.

Last edited:

Minion

Conversation Architect
amruth kiran,

You can get this

Philips 32 Inches HD LCD 32PFL6306 Television for 23k this is not full HD but has upscaling.

See this link
Flipkart: Philips 32 Inches HD LCD 32PFL6306 Television: Television

sourav237

Journeyman
TV Viewing Distance Chart

HDTV screen Size Minimum Distance Maximum Distance
22" diagonal 2.75 feet 8.3 feet
26" 3.25 feet 10.5 feet
32" 4 feet 13.5 feet
37" 4.6 feet 15.3 feet
40" 5 feet 16.3 feet
42" 5.25 feet 17 feet
46" 6.75 feet 18.3 feet
52" 6.5 feet 21.3 feet
65" 8feet 30 feet

source: TV Viewing Distance Chart, TV Screen Size Viewing Distance, TV viewing angle explained, TV Specs Explained, HD Ready vs Full HD TV

Top Bottom