LCD Problem - Laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/lcd-20071017122938.jpg-=-=-=-=-*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/lcd_negative_effect-20071017122939.jpg

When i boot the laptop, this appears from BIOS screen itself. This dotted (running) line appears all the time. Having this problem since a week.

It appears only on left side of the screen, about 1cm from left edge.

so is the LCD gone?

is it repairable or do i have to tell my cousin to throw away this Laptop (replace the LCD) :D

Laptop- Compaq Presario M2000.
m/b intel 855.

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
I am scared..your LCD is defected now.Have you hit your laptop at that corner.

And I don't think this is replaceable by local service guys..better contact Laptop manufacturer service center.

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I guess your laptop has still got warranty. They will replace the LCD isnt it?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Get the LCD replaced, if its feasible. You may take it to some well known pro latpop repairer (if you know any) or to the manufacturer service center.

OP
s18000rpm

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
no, this laptop is 2 years old, no warranty.

i'll convey this message (repair/replace) to my cousin:D

ravi_9793 said:
Have you hit your laptop at that corner.

And I don't think this is replaceable by local service guys..better contact Laptop manufacturer service center.
maybe when my cousin took the laptop to office, he might have hit the lappy somwhere.

will do.

Last edited:

Sourabh

Laptoping
You can order a LCD panel from eBay. Use Powerstrip (software) to get the LCD panel model no. Also provide them with laptop model number, screen size and resolution. Replacing the LCD is very easy. New screen should cost approx. 10k if you are lucky.

I'd suggest to start using it as a desktop PC with external monitor. Spending that much money in old laptop is not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom