lcd or plasma

Status
Not open for further replies.

mandar5

Youngling
hi guys i want to buy hdtv for xbox 360 in budget of 1 lakh so as i m going to use it for gaming mainly shud i go for lcd or plasma can u suggest some popular models?thanks:)

anandk

Distinguished Member
for HOME THEATRE viewing PLASMA reamins the better choice still...bcoz of its blacks ! here are some of my observations :

Size: Both LCD TVs and plasma TVs are thin as you could hope for. In screen size plasmas usually run larger though don’t usually come in smaller sizes, which is sometimes needed.

Viewing Angle: Plasma have a wider viewing angle.

Life Span: Both have good lifespan.

Issues: Plasma sometimes suffer from “burn in” effect. LCD TVs are sometimes susceptible to a delay that causes the outline of figures or objects to appear jagged.

Color: LCD TVs are renowned for a sharp picture and vibrant color. Plasma TVs are known for a wide range of colors and accurate color reproduction.

Brightness: LCD TVs are said to do slightly better in bright-light conditions.

Black Levels: Plasma TVs generally produce very black blacks whereas an LCD TV will produce a very dark charcoal gray.

Contrast Levels: Plasma TVs, technically, are said to have greatercontrast levels.

Cost: Prices for both types of TVs are decreasing rapidly.

here is one good site : *www.plasma-vs-lcd.com/plasma-lcd-start.htm

"Most plasma and LCD TVs can double as computer monitors; many even offer a DVI port for optimal video quality. They'll also hook up to a game console without any problems. So which technology is better for these purposes? From a performance standpoint, it's hard to pick a winner, but because of plasma's burn-in risk, LCD is the safer choice for computer work and gaming." *asia.cnet.com/reviews/home_av/tvs/0,39037594,39169380,00.htm

OP
M

mandar5

Youngling
mihirvashist said:
you won't get a good plasma for a budget of RS. 1 lac
Why so friend as i have heard their prices are falling down.

Last edited:

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Plasmas cost lesser when the viewing size is larger as compared to lcds...

LCDs are more suitable for presentations and lappies... computers... But you want good viewing experience, plasma is the way to go... better contrast and better colors.

My vote: P L A S M A

mihirvashist

Journeyman
mandar5 said:
Why so friend as i have heard their prices are falling down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom